PDA

View Full Version : RMC 4.30 (also 4.28) - Youtube problems - freezing IE8

apwul
08-13-2011, 11:58 PM
Yesterday, when trying to download a few Youtube movies, they are not downloaded at all.
IE freezed, I had no connection anymore (cud not log into my modem, PuttyTel) and I had to reset it.

I _thought_ I had it solved by adding RMC to trusted apps to Kaspersky Internet Security 2012.
Have set KIS to scan nothing, also not to scan network traffic.

I cud download some movies.

But after a few, I got this Windows 7 circle hourglass again.
RMC 4.30 (but also 4.28, I updated this morning) freezed IE and I cud not log into my modem.
The moment I close RMC I can access my modem again.

To be frank, this has been a regular occurrence in the past as well and I resorted to using
Save2PC to download movies. Then again, I haven't paid for RMC to use another application
when RMC fails.

Important. Another example:
I am on you tube, I do a search there, am getting the hourglass, wait-wait-nothing happens.
RMC 4.30 running in the background.

**Then - when I close RMC I instantly get youtube search results, i.e. Internet Explorer (v.8) is working again.

I checked out Windows 7 eventlogs and noticed event.id.1014 is causing this. Error only occurs with RMC running.

'Name resolution for the name dns.msftncsi.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded
" '
or.. same but for the name : dnl-01.geo.kaspersky.com

or.. p2.j2ig2e35smxy4.4p66kh3fehqekup5.835130.s1.v4.ipv 6-exp.l.google.com or.. s2.youtube.com

Felt it was time to report this here.

Windows 7, 64bit.

Any solutions ?

thanks
-

p.s.: am happy to regularly make a clipboard copy of the posting, after some time I was logged out and text was gone.

Jeff Lenney
08-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Hi Apwul,

Please make sure that you always open Replay Media Catcher and click the "record" button BEFORE you browse to the site that you wish to capture from. Also, please try deleting your temporary internet files from your browser's cache.

I'd like you to run a test in de-bug mode if you would:

1. Open Replay Media Catcher
2. Don't start monitoring
3. Help > About and expand Support and check Debug Mode and then OK
4. Start monitoring.
5. Go to YouTube and start watching in your browser. Wait until Replay Media Catcher should have picked it up and started downloading. This should be within the first few seconds of the video playing.
6. Stop monitoring
7. Help > About and expand Support and click the "email logs to support"
link. Please save the file, and attach it to your technical support ticket. (do not attach them in this forum)

Once you send the logs I can look at them and see what is going on.

apwul
08-16-2011, 11:04 AM
No problem, but I donot want my logfiles and things go public. I rcvd above by mail as well.
If i reply on that mail, attaching the file, will it then not go public ?
Just want to make sure.. :)

Thank you!

apwul
08-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Regret, no reply, neither here, nor from support directly... Have sent support two tickets incl. RMCLogs.
A bit disappointing.