PDA

View Full Version : Recording Skype call AND my Screen

jim-boulder
06-26-2011, 05:57 PM
I have both Replay Video Capture and Skype Call recorder--we use Skype to conduct a daily walk-through of live stock charts---but I can not hear my own side of the phone conversation in Replay Video capture...

What I am doing is connecting the skype call on PC "A" and routing the sound from it into PC "B"--where Replay Video capture is running and capturing the live stock charts--

Does anyone know how I can simply record both sides of the call ON the Video capture (not in a separate audio file such as Skype Recorder)...?

Skype's desktop share is not fast enough to capture/show high quality live stock charts-so this option is not a viable one...

Cheryl Wester
06-26-2011, 07:59 PM
We have Replay Telecorder which is our great Skype recorder. If you haven't given it a try please do so.

stream-recorder.com
06-27-2011, 12:33 AM
Replay Telecorder can put audio and video into the same file without any problem. Just don't use the last option in the Video recording settings:

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/559/replaytelecordervideore.png

Read the Replay Telecorder (http://www.applian.com/replay-telecorder/support/user_guide.php) User Guide for more.

p.s. Replay Video Capture 5 can record from 2 audio sources. Haven't tested it with Skype, but it should probably work.

jim-boulder
06-27-2011, 08:23 AM
To be clear-the 'video' I want to record is not the skype video-but the screen on my desktop with live stock charts---so Skype Telecorder doesn't record my desktop, right? I know I can share my desktop via skype--but it sees too low res and too slow to refresh to work with live data on stock charts...

Can you verify that RVC version 5 will record both sides of Skype calls as audio #2? This would resolve my issue if in fact this is true.

Jeff Lenney
06-28-2011, 12:09 AM
To be clear-the 'video' I want to record is not the skype video-but the screen on my desktop with live stock charts---so Skype Telecorder doesn't record my desktop, right? I know I can share my desktop via skype--but it sees too low res and too slow to refresh to work with live data on stock charts...

Can you verify that RVC version 5 will record both sides of Skype calls as audio #2? This would resolve my issue if in fact this is true.

RVC 5 is your answer :-)

IT can record both the audio from your mic, AND your sound card AND the action on your screen:)

Matthew
06-28-2011, 03:15 AM
Thanks buddies for this information i was trying to get these recorders. Now it is easy for me. Thanks a lot

jim-boulder
07-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Yea! RVC 5 IS the answer! Works Great. thanks.