PDA

View Full Version : RMC with livesports.tv

Ken BigNas Hamric
06-04-2011, 04:57 AM
I have been using RMC for a few years and have always recording live dart events from www.pdc.tv I tried recording with RMC 4 after i purchased the upgrade and could never get the settings right so i just continued to use and older version of RMC. LAst month the company changed to livesports.tv to stream their events. I can no longer get my old version to pick up the stream whether its firefox,chrome,etc. RMC 4 does pick the stream up as a secure stream and allows me to record only(this is fine) It records the stream but then I can never play back more than just a few seconds of the recording. It is a secure stream and I am willing to give a mod my login info just so they can tell me what settings i must have. These streams that i record are turned into tutorials for people that i teach. Thanks in advance.

The actual stream is played here www.livepdc.tv

stream-recorder.com
06-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Since you record a live stream, try the following:
http://www.applian.com/faq-pro/index.php?action=article&cat_id=003&id=86&lang=en&highlight=live

Do you get any error when recording? What kind of file size do your recordings from this site have?

Ken BigNas Hamric
06-05-2011, 05:49 AM
Well I have been experimenting with all the time stamps. The audio plays fine off the orignal recording but after about 10 seconds the video got blank. Can still hear the audio.

I used to have no problem recording using the old RMC but that errors out when i try and record from any window(opera,explore etc.)

A 4 hour recording is genrally 1.60 GB

stream-recorder.com
06-05-2011, 05:59 AM
Can be a player problem. Try to use Applian FLV Player and KMPlayer.

You may also try to remux downloaded/captured FLV videos into MKV. Use "MKV Lossless Extraction" conversion preset in RMC 4 for that.

If you don't use the latest version, then install the latest one.

If the above mentioned doesn't help, I suggest you to contact technical support (https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?18-Contacting-Technical-Support-and-Customer-Service)

Ken BigNas Hamric
06-05-2011, 06:02 AM
WIth my old RMC i get this error

Internal error while trying to download RTMP stream
Exception:
m_nErrType = 15
m_strDesc = "SWF Verification detected -- Sorry, these RTMP connections are not allowed to be analyzed."
m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp

Is there a plug in or setting that can be changed to record only in this old version? I know that RMC 4 wont download a secure stream but it will record it.

Thanks

stream-recorder.com
06-05-2011, 07:34 AM
You can use the recording mode of RMC 4 with streams using SWF verificaction indeed. And you can try to use rtmpdump as a plug-in for RMC 4 (https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?6911-How-to-use-rtmpdump.exe-as-a-plug-in-for-Replay-Media-Catcher-4-for-downloading-RTMP-streams):

Make sure to use

parameters: -r "{url}" -o "{file}" --app "{app}" --flashVer "{flashVer}" --swfUrl "{swfUrl}" --tcUrl "{tcUrl}" --pageUrl "{pageUrl}" --playpath "{playPath}" --live
instead of

parameters: -r "{url}" -o "{file}" --app "{app}" --flashVer "{flashVer}" --swfUrl "{swfUrl}" --tcUrl "{tcUrl}" --pageUrl "{pageUrl}" --playpath "{playPath}"
for live streams.

Ken BigNas Hamric
06-05-2011, 10:00 AM
OK i have another live stream coming up at 2:00 eastern..ill give it a try