PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to use rmc for spotify??

blazegmc
06-02-2011, 07:16 AM
ive recently purchased a spotify subscription and was rather disapointed to find that rmc3 and 4 does not find the stream..... i read around and found loads of people suggesting replay music , but i dont like using it because it just records it and that takes too long, plus we can allready do that with the record audio feature on rmc 3....

i tried to copy the link from spotify and paste it into rmc4 but it just completes with errors and the anti leech message.....

is there ANY way to get it to work or are future versions going to support it????

Cheryl Wester
06-02-2011, 07:57 AM
At this time, no. The program we do recommend for this is Replay Music. This is due to how they stream.

blazegmc
06-02-2011, 05:07 PM
thanks for the response..

i tried replay music but didnt really like it... il just use the audio part of rmc and record the songs the long way lol ...

stream-recorder.com
06-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Replay Music allows to split songs and tag them automatically. It can't tag 100% of the songs, but works fine in many cases anyway. You may need to tweak it settings to make it work better with a specific music service.

See also:
https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?4399-Spotify-mp3-recording-starts-too-late

MatthewC1000
06-03-2011, 06:06 AM
ive recently purchased a spotify subscription and was rather disapointed to find that rmc3 and 4 does not find the stream..... i read around and found loads of people suggesting replay music , but i dont like using it because it just records it and that takes too long, plus we can allready do that with the record audio feature on rmc 3....

i tried to copy the link from spotify and paste it into rmc4 but it just completes with errors and the anti leech message.....

is there ANY way to get it to work or are future versions going to support it????

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2064/unledbu.jpg

Spotify is a music player software that uses internet connection to stream music to your PC.
Since it's software based...no downloader would work on this. So your best bet is to go the analog recording route...such as replay music or use the built in recorder in RMC would work too. Btw you can download music from spotify if you so chose by clicking the get button in the software. best regards.