PDA

View Full Version : when Capturing a video- how long does the browser and the video need run for the Capture software to capture the full content

sethm1
05-22-2011, 10:58 AM
when Capturing a video- how long does the browser (IE or Firefox) and the video need run for the Capture software to capture the full content?

stream-recorder.com
05-22-2011, 11:15 AM
capture, record, rip, snag, save, download streaming video may have different meanings.

let's assume that you can
1. download streaming video (when streaming media recording software creates a separate connection to a streaming server, pretending to be a streaming media player)
2. capture streaming video (when streaming media recording software captures packets from a streaming media player like Adobe Flash Player that is installed on your computer).

We should take into account that there are on-demand and live streams.

Obviously live streams can be downloaded and captured in real time only. When you download such streams, you can close your web-browser, but when you capture them, you need to leave your browser playing live streaming content.

As for on-demand streams, they can be captured in real time (although some HTTP streams are being buffered faster, and can be captured as fast as they are being buffered). And many on-demand streams can be downloaded much faster than in real time (sometimes you can download a 2 hour stream in 5 minutes; it depends on your connection as well as on a streaming server).

sethm1
05-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Thanks-
Loaded question. How do I know if I am watching a live stream vs download stream?

I was recording a movie off the internet- guess that was live stream then?

Jeff Lenney
05-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks-
Loaded question. How do I know if I am watching a live stream vs download stream?

I was recording a movie off the internet- guess that was live stream then?

Well, generally live streams are occurring live - for example TMZ live, or even watching live video from www.kfi640.com. They'll generally make it known if they're live streams. It just depends on the circumstances or site, but they should generally make it known if it's a live event.

RiveGauche2006
05-30-2011, 04:56 AM
Great! i was wondering about this, for i wasn't sure if i had to go and recapture the vids. that i opened but did not let completely run, so far it's working like a GEM.

sethm1
05-30-2011, 04:37 PM
So, then capturing a movie is not live as its not a live event - such as the KFI example or say if I was capturing a TV show thats on now (now meaning when I am actually capturing)?

But since a movie is not really live then its a stream?

Jeff Lenney
05-30-2011, 10:42 PM
So, then capturing a movie is not live as its not a live event - such as the KFI example or say if I was capturing a TV show thats on now (now meaning when I am actually capturing)?

But since a movie is not really live then its a stream?

Sorry, you lost me with that one. Mind rephrasing it? :)

sethm1
05-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Guess what I am asking is that we are using the term "live" in the literal sense.
That every thing other than "live stream" can be download.

stream-recorder.com
06-01-2011, 02:42 AM
Guess what I am asking is that we are using the term "live" in the literal sense.
That every thing other than "live stream" can be download.
Live streams can be downloaded as well as captured. Live just means that the broadcast is in real time.

sethm1
06-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks -