PDA

View Full Version : Capturing actual Video insteadof screen

alntke
05-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Hi All,

Can Replay Video Capture be used for capturing actual video which is being streamed or it can only capture the screen.

Is there any other alternative for capturing the video while streaming. I need this video for some offline video quality evaluation.

stream-recorder.com
05-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Replay Media Catcher allows to download or capture stream. Replay Video Capture is for screen recording.

What web-page are you trying to record from?

alntke
05-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks for your response on this.

I want to capture video which is being played out by Quick Time player.
Can Replay media catcher do that as you have mentioned in your post that it can capture stream or it is only possible while streaming from web browsers.

stream-recorder.com
05-13-2011, 12:09 AM
RMC can download HTTP QT streams, but not RTSP QT streams.

You can also go to the Settings -> HTTP Download Tweaks and add a domain and a file extension to the secure sites list. Then try to capture the stream while it is being played in your web-browser.

alntke
05-13-2011, 01:15 AM
From RMC you mean Replay Media Catcher , correct.
Again one doubt , will it download the file from the link or it will store the stream which is being played out.

stream-recorder.com
05-13-2011, 08:07 AM
Sorry for the confusion.

Replay Media Catcher (RMC) allows to download and capture:
- When you download, you can close your web-page as soon as the stream is detected by RMC.
- In the recording mode (HTTP Secure Sites list; RTMP recording mode) RMC captures packets from a streaming player on your computer. You get a perfect digital copy of the stream as well, but RMC captures as long as you play your stream, so you need to leave your browser playing audio/video.

I've never tried to capture QT streams, but it works fine with flash audio and video streams.