PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions pertaining to temporary storage

therealceeza
04-29-2011, 02:44 PM
1st question:

I want to know how much temporary storage is available and how long its available for. The reason being is I watch a lot of movies and would prefer the temp storage to not record all of it, but I cannot figure out how to disable it for when I dont need it (is it even possible). I dont want this to take up alot of room of my computer.

secondly, when trying to delete the files in the temp folder, it tells me that before I can delete the file it needs to finish transferring/playing.. either that or i should close the browser. The video can be done playing and the browser can be closed and it still isnt deleting!

thanks

Jeff Lenney
04-30-2011, 12:18 AM
Hi Ceeza

You should be able to record files of any length, as long as your harddrive has the space for them. With regards to the temp files, sometimes the file needs to process first before you're abler to access it. Make sure it's NOT open in your media player, try again, and you should be alright. :-)

walker428
05-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Hi Ceeza

You should be able to record files of any length, as long as your harddrive has the space for them. With regards to the temp files, sometimes the file needs to process first before you're abler to access it. Make sure it's NOT open in your media player, try again, and you should be alright. :-)

Forgot to mention about the bug they are woking on; about max file size being capped at 2gb. (unless this has been changed with the latest update) :D

Jeff Lenney
05-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Forgot to mention about the bug they are woking on; about max file size being capped at 2gb. (unless this has been changed with the latest update) :D

Ah yes, thank you Walker for pointing that out! :-)