PDA

View Full Version : www.myfreecams.com problem: mfc downloads - blocked

newguy
04-20-2011, 06:03 PM
okay, im trying to capture video from myfreecams.com , but when i view the video file its rick ashley ( no joke ) any way to actually get the video of the girls on there? its not copyrighting, its public

minipc
04-20-2011, 08:00 PM
okay, im trying to capture video from myfreecams.com , but when i view the video file its rick ashley ( no joke ) any way to actually get the video of the girls on there? its not copyrighting, its public

it does seem as if the adult streaming video site www.myfreecams.com are rickrolling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickrolling) users of the rmc stream recorder. if anything i imagine that the copyright holders of the rick astley video "never gonna give you up" are having their rights infringed.

this may be one for technical support?

newguy
04-20-2011, 08:25 PM
thanks, hope it gets fixed - wondering how they are intercepting the stream ? vs the video actually playing on the screen...sorry hard to explain

TonyT
04-20-2011, 08:31 PM
omg i have been having the same problems. It started doing it 1 day ago now thats all i can record from there! Hope it gets fixed soon!

rcheliguy
04-20-2011, 08:35 PM
What version of RMC are you guys using? I'm on 3.11B and noticed that the other day. I'm wondering if they're specifically targeting a certain version of RMC or all recording programs.

methodtical15
04-20-2011, 09:43 PM
I've been having the same issues as well, lol. I'm running the most current version of RMC 4.2.1. The only option I've done is to use the "Alway Record RTMP streams instead of downloading" option. It's worked fine for me but would like to have it the old way with the "Automatically record RTMP stream when it is detected"

Any fix to this or is mfc just gonna keep blocking RMC?

dfreak
04-20-2011, 09:49 PM
I got the same rick vid and i thought it was the update to 4.2.1. was causing it so i deleted and went back to version 3.11B and still happened.I tried other cam sites like Streamate and Webcamclub and all is normal there with version 3 and 4.The only way i've been able to record MFC is with the Always Record RTMP streams instead of download setting checked in version 4.0.19.0.That's all i know at this point.

Jeff Lenney
04-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Honestly, they totally rick rolled RMC users by doing this - lol. I've emailed our programmer about this and will post an update once i have one - thanks all for hanging in there.

In the meantime, you might want to use Replay Video Capture (http://applian.com/replay-video-capture/)

MatthewC1000
04-21-2011, 03:34 AM

Go to Tools>Settings> RTMP Download Tweaks make sure to checkmark: "Always record streams instead of downloading."

Best Regards.

:)

sammygo
04-21-2011, 06:54 AM
I am using version 3.11 and have the same issue. I originally thought it was a RMC issue, so I tried downloading streams using other capture software. It seems the other software has the same issue, getting rickrolled, and when set to record instead of download it works, but I have to leave the window open otherwise it stops. I also noticed a message when using one of the other programs that MFC is using a secure stream. Was that always the case? That could explain why this is happening.

MatthewC1000
04-21-2011, 07:32 AM
I am using version 3.11 and have the same issue. I originally thought it was a RMC issue, so I tried downloading streams using other capture software. It seems the other software has the same issue, getting rickrolled, and when set to record instead of download it works, but I have to leave the window open otherwise it stops. I also noticed a message when using one of the other programs that MFC is using a secure stream. Was that always the case? That could explain why this is happening.

Replay Media Catcher 3.11 does not support Secure RTMP downloading/recording so you better off using Replay Media catcher 4/Jaksta 4.
Now the rick roll video by rick ashley was funny at the time...(LOL :D )...however, since this has been figured out I guess the jokes on them.

newguy
04-21-2011, 11:13 AM
thanks Matthew, its working :P , so far its only one stream at a time ( cant leave the 'rooms' ) but good work around for sure

minipc
04-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Try the following: go to Tools>Settings> HTTP Download Tweaks add the following secure site site: myfreecams.com file extention: flv click okay & try adding swf as well. Then go to Try the following: go to Tools>Settings> RTMP Download Tweaks make sure to checkmark: "Always record streams instead of downloading."

Best Regards.

:)

thanks, matthew, for the suggestion. direct recording does avoid the rickrolling problem, but at a price, at least from my experience, because without automatic recording/resume the captured streams frequently only last a few minutes at most, and sometimes barely a few seconds, and about 50% of the time there is no audio captured.

jeff lenny's suggestion to use rvc until such time as rmc can be tweaked seems to produce more reliable results, though not without drawbacks.

nevertheless, thanks for your suggestion.

Arno
04-21-2011, 12:21 PM
When i installed the new version, i managed for the first time to download from MFC, only on one stream i got a few times Rick A. , but the day after i only get Rick A.
So i set the setting back to recording as with the previous version.

With version 3.2.1 i still have the same problems with FLV, the auto function doesnt work... you must do:
- Open FixFlv
- FixTime
- then CLOSE
- Open FixFlv
- FixDuration
- CLOSE
Only THEN the file is okay, although it starts still with two 'zero's' at the fixtime.

And clicking again on "In Progress" doesnt remove the not in progress files.

I had also several memory errors the past 2 days with the new version.

Arno
04-21-2011, 12:23 PM
so far its only one stream at a time ( cant leave the 'rooms' ) but good work around for sure

Open the rooms with "popup" you can then record from more rooms !

netsez
04-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Replay Media Catcher 3.11 does not support Secure RTMP downloading/recording so you better off using Replay Media catcher 4/Jaksta 4.

Are you saying RMC4 can now record secure streams?

walker428
04-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Just to be clear. When my wife checks my history and sees I have been to MFC I will point her to this thread. You all need to back me up and explain it was only for "stream verification" purposes. It sounds like a great Rick Roll though. Great move by the admin at MFC. :cool:

Jeff Lenney
04-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Just to be clear. When my wife checks my history and sees I have been to MFC I will point her to this thread. You all need to back me up and explain it was only for "stream verification" purposes. It sounds like a great Rick Roll though. Great move by the admin at MFC. :cool:

Ah great, I'm glad somebody beat me to the response for how to fix this. I have to admit, I literally LOL'ed and mentally high-fived the admin at MFC for doing this. Granted, it's a pain - but it was pretty lol-tastic :) At any rate, for those who MISSED it here's how to fix this issue:

RMC and Jaksta recording mode will still let you record instead of downloading.

Tools > Settings and expand RTMP tweaks and check always record instead of downloading.

minipc
04-22-2011, 01:57 AM
Ah great, I'm glad somebody beat me to the response for how to fix this. I have to admit, I literally LOL'ed and mentally high-fived the admin at MFC for doing this. Granted, it's a pain - but it was pretty lol-tastic :) At any rate, for those who MISSED it here's how to fix this issue:

Tools > Settings and expand RTMP tweaks and check always record instead of downloading.

just to be clear, is advising a switch to direct recording rather than downloading the only "fix" applian will be offering its customers?

because it seems to me that that is only a "fix" in the same sense that handing out teaspoons to the passengers of the titanic and advising them to start bailing was a fix for their problem.

all joking aside, if the solution to myfreecams rickrolling problem is to switch to direct stream recording, then the problem becomes one of why doesn't direct stream recording work reliably on sites like myfreecams?

stream-recorder.com
04-22-2011, 02:46 AM
all joking aside, if the solution to myfreecams rickrolling problem is to switch to direct stream recording, then the problem becomes one of why doesn't direct stream recording work reliably on sites like myfreecams?
If you can watch one stream only, you can record one stream only. There is nothing applian or any other software developer can do about it.

SomeOtherGuy
04-22-2011, 05:25 AM
I suspect they are playing the rick video as a flv and the real video as some other data type which their site knows is really a flv, but jaksta/rmc only see's the flv.

The reason why i suspect this is because they do the same thing on the private images which are supposed to be secured, except with google chromes developer view you get the following when viewing the jpg..

exclusive_gallery.php
Dimensions 320 × 240
File size 7.70KB
MIME type text/html

when its not really php/txt/html its binary/jpg

So the view images screen knows to override the mime type.

Theres an app called fiddler (link (http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/)) that might help us find what mime type they are using to hide the live video stream.

Hope this helps.

netsez
04-22-2011, 12:36 PM

I had never heard of this site but the Rick Rolling was hillarious so I -had- to try it! Your solution DOES work, but when I turned off this option and just put the site in Tools>Settings> HTTP Download Tweaks add the following secure site it didn't work. Any ideas? BTW There are options in that area to Add and Delete, is there any way to edit an existing entry?

stream-recorder.com
04-22-2011, 01:58 PM
I had never heard of this site but the Rick Rolling was hillarious so I -had- to try it! Your solution DOES work, but when I turned off this option and just put the site in Tools>Settings> HTTP Download Tweaks add the following secure site it didn't work. Any ideas?
myfreecams.com uses RTMP streams, so HTTP Download Tweaks have no any effect onto switching between downloading and capturing RTMP stream from it.

netsez
04-22-2011, 02:22 PM
myfreecams.com uses RTMP streams, so HTTP Download Tweaks have no any effect onto switching between downloading and capturing RTMP stream from it.

Ah yes, brain fart on me :) When I do this Tools>Settings> RTMP Download Tweaks make sure to checkmark: "Always record streams instead of downloading." it works on myfreecams but then my other chat site STOPS working, RMC4 reports "waiting for streaming to commence" when the site always worked with "automatically resume" checked. I guess there is no setting that works on all sites.

thoughtcrime
04-22-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm having the same Rick Roll issue on 3.11. I would try upgrading to RMC v4 but when I used it I found that it wouldn't record just the data that the stream was delivering but it would make a huge file, several MB in size for only a few seconds of streaming and I know that much data was not being delivered. If there were a way around that, I'd be happy to go to v4. Anyhoo, I'm still trying to find a work around for 3.11.

stream-recorder.com
04-23-2011, 12:18 AM
I would try upgrading to RMC v4 but when I used it I found that it wouldn't record just the data that the stream was delivering but it would make a huge file, several MB in size for only a few seconds of streaming and I know that much data was not being delivered. If there were a way around that, I'd be happy to go to v4.
Try to compare the complete recordings, not temporary files. RMC 4 allows to download full videos from Youtube, so there should be no problem testing.

BillJay
04-23-2011, 10:31 AM
I upgraded to RMC Version 4 and set it to record. No more Rick, but it seems like the last minute or so of the recorded stream gets cut off or the audio and video are completely out of sync. I'm kinda new to Ver 4. Am I doing something wrong?

TonyT
04-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Open the rooms with "popup" you can then record from more rooms !

By the way i have tried to open pop-up to record more than 1 room but it does not work. It stops anything that you are recording at the time to record your new pop up window! :(

Arno
04-25-2011, 07:10 AM
By the way i have tried to open pop-up to record more than 1 room but it does not work. It stops anything that you are recording at the time to record your new pop up window! :(

That is odd.
I can easily open up to even 10 or more pop windows (rooms) and have RMC record them all !

Maybe a problem with popup blocking software ???

EKG
04-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Just out of curiosity, is this still being passed on to the programmers to assess, or is "record mode" being treated as the permanent solution? I was just wondering, at least for me it feels like more of a temporary workaround than a fix.

stream-recorder.com
04-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Just out of curiosity, is this still being passed on to the programmers to assess, or is "record mode" being treated as the permanent solution? I was just wondering, at least for me it feels like more of a temporary workaround than a fix.
If the server allows a single connection to the web-site only, I don't think there will be any fixes (since you can do nothing about the server side).

AstiGuide
04-26-2011, 03:18 AM
Is it really a case of the server only allowing a single connection? I can watch multiple cams in public for free, and I'm fairly certain users are still allowed to enter multiple group and private shows at the same time.

stream-recorder.com
04-26-2011, 05:57 AM
Is it really a case of the server only allowing a single connection? I can watch multiple cams in public for free, and I'm fairly certain users are still allowed to enter multiple group and private shows at the same time.
Can you record from multiple cams while you watch them using the RTMP recording mode?

Arno
04-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Can you record from multiple cams while you watch them using the RTMP recording mode?

As i said earlier:

I can easily open up to even 10 or more pop windows (rooms) and have RMC record them all !
(In recording mode)

I hope though that there will be a solition , so it can be downloaded .. cause now its impossible to have the lounge room on :( !!!!
Because you cant switch the red button to green or it will stop all recordings !!!!
This NEED an solution and cant be to difficult to just have it record only when the red button is on and continue so when it is switched to the green button !!!!

But maybe a picture says more then a thousand words: ( a few cam views have been censored by me :) )

Picture with previous release from RMC, but also with the latest update you can...

http://www.bronts.com/WWW/mfc/rmc-8rooms.jpg

stream-recorder.com
04-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the clarification, Arno. It seems that it is not the downloading that is needed, but the ability to continue recording without detecting new streams.

So my suggestion is not to cancel recordings upon hitting the Stop button. What do you think?

silentjafh
04-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the clarification, Arno. It seems that it is not the downloading that is needed, but the ability to continue recording without detecting new streams.

So my suggestion is not to cancel recordings upon hitting the Stop button. What do you think?

Hi Stream-Recorder

Exactly. Going from Red to Green once the stream is recording, should not the recording process.

stream-recorder.com
04-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Exactly. Going from Red to Green once the stream is recording, should not the recording process.
Notified the developer. Hope to see it implemented in the next version.

Arno
04-26-2011, 02:22 PM

Partly right, it are actually 2 things.
Would be nice to be able to download as you can close a window...
But because you can't with recording there is indeed the need to be able to use the red/green button so it wouldn't record all you click on or makes recordings from all passing cams when you are in the lounge room !

Notified the developer. Hope to see it implemented in the next version.

I hope so too :)

Incl. my previous 'bug' remarks (in my 1st reply here) *lol*
(Auto & FixFlv porblems/bugs, re-clicking in progress)

TonyT
04-26-2011, 05:44 PM
I just wanted to update everyone but it seems MFC is no longer recording the Rick video anymore. I got message saying "you are unable to view the video cause you are outside the MFC website" However you still can record streams if you always record instead of downloading. At least no more Rick videos! LOL. Hopefully replay will find a way around this new block.

stream-recorder.com
04-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Would be nice to be able to download as you can close a window...
It is not possible legally to implement solutions for individual sites that involve decompiling their player and implementing their particular security/login solution.

crashdawg
05-01-2011, 03:58 PM
The best site on the net. and we are s.o.l. The main reason i bought replay. oh well life goes on.

ed switzer
05-10-2011, 01:47 PM
tonyt, what is your setting in rmc to be able to accomplish the multiple downloads on popups.

thanks , lonny43

stream-recorder.com
05-17-2011, 12:33 AM
This is available as an option in RMC 4.2.2 beta (File -> Process new streams).

Arno
05-18-2011, 04:20 PM
available as an option in RMC 4.2.2 beta

Great ! But where can i download this beta version ???

stream-recorder.com
06-23-2011, 12:38 AM
The "File" -> "Process new streams" option is available in RMC 4.2.8.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9441/replaymediacatcherproce.png

dfreak
06-29-2011, 06:59 PM
The "File" -> "Process new streams" option is available in RMC 4.2.8.

If that's in 4.2.8 i don't see it.....unless i'm looking in wrong place.

TRX
07-03-2011, 01:20 PM

That isn't exactly a "fix", more like a temporary solution until the real fix comes, which 2.5 months later doesn't even seem to be discussed after 3 more pages of posts discussing it.

stream-recorder.com
07-07-2011, 01:23 PM
That isn't exactly a "fix", more like a temporary solution until the real fix comes, which 2.5 months later doesn't even seem to be discussed after 3 more pages of posts discussing it.
RMC in the RTMP recording mode allows you to capture MFC streams, so this is a fix.

SOMFW
07-08-2011, 07:41 PM
RMC in the RTMP recording mode allows you to capture MFC streams, so this is a fix.

Nope it is NOT a fix. What it is, is a Half Assed work around that was always available.

Recording is not the same as Downloading. Recording a stream and having to keep the actual models window open, The MFC site open and the recorder in Record mode is not a fix.

Compared to what we had before, this is the same as using a screen recorder back in 2003!

The entire point of buying RMC, was so you could start it, log on to MFC, open dozens of camwhore windows, then close them all entirely, log off of MFC and go do whatever it is you do. And upon returning, hopefully have some usable content!

Using this so called so called FIX. You run the risk of, Prying eyes seeing what you are doing, unless you are a hermit and live alone or want to sit in front of the computer for hours on end, Your comp crashing from video overload and or the Camwhore banning you for sitting in her room for hours.

I repeat - it is not a FIX!

stream-recorder.com
07-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Nope it is NOT a fix. What it is, is a Half Assed work around that was always available.

Recording is not the same as Downloading. Recording a stream and having to keep the actual models window open, The MFC site open and the recorder in Record mode is not a fix.

Compared to what we had before, this is the same as using a screen recorder back in 2003!

The entire point of buying RMC, was so you could start it, log on to MFC, open dozens of camwhore windows, then close them all entirely, log off of MFC and go do whatever it is you do. And upon returning, hopefully have some usable content!

Using this so called so called FIX. You run the risk of, Prying eyes seeing what you are doing, unless you are a hermit and live alone or want to sit in front of the computer for hours on end, Your comp crashing from video overload and or the Camwhore banning you for sitting in her room for hours.

I repeat - it is not a FIX!
It has NOT always been available. And it is not like using a screen recorder, because you can open multiple windows and record ALL of them. It is worse than it was before only because of the custom protection used by MFC. It is not legally possible to overcome such a protection.

p.s. You didn't grasp it while I was repeating this multiple times in another forum. I wonder why you keep telling the same thing over and over again.

TRX
08-10-2011, 09:56 AM
It has NOT always been available. And it is not like using a screen recorder, because you can open multiple windows and record ALL of them. It is worse than it was before only because of the custom protection used by MFC. It is not legally possible to overcome such a protection.

p.s. You didn't grasp it while I was repeating this multiple times in another forum. I wonder why you keep telling the same thing over and over again.

It's not "legally possible" to overcome any other protection (Youtube, etc.) yet it does, in fact the recording mode does just that. Bottom line, if it does not restore previous functionality, it is not a "fix", that is the definition.

Heinz68
08-13-2011, 05:02 PM
It's not "legally possible" to overcome any other protection (Youtube, etc.) yet it does, in fact the recording mode does just that. Bottom line, if it does not restore previous functionality, it is not a "fix", that is the definition.

You're right about the bottom line, it's not a fix. For me the other bottom line is; I bought the RMC 3.11 and upgraded to RMC 4.28 ONLY for use at MFC.

So I'm still hoping RMC is going to be restored to the use I purchased it for.

The problem with recording is to stay in the room all the time. Even bigger problem is when recording one room and surfing other rooms (or sites) they also get recorded because the record button has to be always on also when staying in MFC "Lounge room" every stream gets recorded.

TRX
09-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Five months later.

TRX
10-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Six months later.

TRX
11-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Seven months later. Over half a year since a fix was promised.

Jeff Lenney
11-21-2011, 12:42 AM
We have provided a work around TRX, we're not able to FIX this issue as it would put us in the way of possible legal issues, however the work around we HAVE provided multiple times works fine. :cool:

TRX
11-21-2011, 05:26 PM
We have provided a work around TRX, we're not able to FIX this issue as it would put us in the way of possible legal issues, however the work around we HAVE provided multiple times works fine. :cool:

How would a work around not create the exact same legal issues?

minipc
12-05-2011, 08:56 PM

yeah, i'm one of the original posters on this subject and this thread, and in my opinion the statement "the work around...works fine" is at best an exaggeration and at worst downright misleading. the work around barely works, if at all. it's as if a mechanic told you your car works fine because it now only breaks down every few hundred yards.

unfortunately, i am another customer who bought this application specifically for the sole purpose of recording from the site in question. the fact that within months of my purchase, the site took steps to prevent such recording is perhaps not surprising. i certainly appreciate the effort that the company put into trying to find a solution or work around. but it is nonetheless disappointing that i appear to have wasted my money.