PDA

View Full Version : Uscreencapture has stopped my cam working on Omegle

mcewana1111
04-13-2011, 11:11 PM
When using chat site Omegle u have to allow Adobe access to your cam and microphone. I have the choice of my cam, Sony Visual Communicator, or Uscreencapture. However Uscreencapture has taken over and i can't activate my cam from within the site. No matter what I do Uscreencapture shows a part of my screen in the chat area. Is there a way of disabling there only? I still want to usr RMC

Jeff Lenney
04-13-2011, 11:39 PM
uscreencapture is a portion/function of Replay Video Capture, which is obviously different from Replay Media Catcher.

Would you mind attaching to this forum a screen shot of what you're seeing?

Thanks kindly :)

mcewana1111
04-14-2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks and my apologies for getting name wrong, of course I meant RVC not RMC. I would love to attach screen shot but the permissions at the bottom of the screen shows that I can't post attachments.

I should have given more info in my original post. I used to be able to choose between cam and uscreencapture. Cam still works in other programmes and I can activate it using its own cam software, but within Omegle.com although it appears as an option from the cam dropdown only uscreencapture now works. If you an tell me how to post attachment I will add a screen shot.

mcewana1111
04-14-2011, 12:43 AM
More apologies.
I have found a work around. A bit trickier than it use to be, but I can do it.

When I first connect to Omegle the Adobe box comes up asking for permission to access cam and mic. At that point i have to select which 'cam' I am allowing by clicking on 'Settings' and then selecting Sony Visual Comminications rather than Uscreencapture. Only problem is you can only select and make the change while in an active chat. The nature of Omegle as an instant chat site is that the person on the other end immediately disconnects you if they don't like what they see. With a screen capture or black screen showing you get disconnected before you can make the change. I can live with it.

Thanks for prompt attention.