PDA

View Full Version : Problems with live RTMP streams after upgrading RMC4 (Enable Super Download)

netsez
04-13-2011, 01:00 PM
To stop the INCESSANT nagging about upgrading RMC4 I finally installed the newest version (against my better judgement) Unfortunately I cannot recall what my old vers was and I cannot find vers info on this latest one.

I record a lot of free chat sites, and it worked flawlessly before. Things still record properly but when I go play the saved .flv the video is very choppy.

Here are the ONLY settings I changed. Under download settings I UNCHECKED prompt to start recording, UNCHECKED hide task bar when minimized and UNCHECKED gather anonymous info. I then CHECKED display file size.

To make matters worse my registered RM3 (I kept it installed for backup) has stopped working. If I start RM3 the window opens then in a few minutes even without recording anything, the program closes.

Any ideas?

netsez
04-13-2011, 04:47 PM
UPDATE:

At least I got RM3 working again. As for RM4 I think I know the problem. With this new version I see a LOT more resume requests. Could that be interrupting the stream? Has this vers been made more sensitive to stream detection?

stream-recorder.com
04-14-2011, 02:00 AM
I record a lot of free chat sites, and it worked flawlessly before. Things still record properly but when I go play the saved .flv the video is very choppy.

Tools -> Settings -> RTMP Download Tweaks -> uncheck "Enable Super Download".

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/5948/rmc4rtmpdownloadtweaks.png

You can also capture RTMP streams from the flash player on your computer instead of downloading:
Tools -> Settings -> RTMP Download Tweaks -> check "Always record RTMP streams (instead of downloading)".
Note that RMC will record the stream in this mode as long as you watch it.

Unfortunately I cannot recall what my old vers was and I cannot find vers info on this latest one.
Help -> About -> Version

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8863/rmcaboutversion.png

netsez
04-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Tools -> Settings -> RTMP Download Tweaks -> uncheck "Enable Super Download".

Ah, I forgot that was checked! I wonder if it was always checked or if the upgrade changed the setting. Unchecking that fixed it.

You can also capture RTMP streams from the flash player on your computer instead of downloading:
Tools -> Settings -> RTMP Download Tweaks -> check "Always record RTMP streams (instead of downloading)".
Note that RMC will record the stream in this mode as long as you watch it.

Would that give better results?

demotester
04-14-2011, 12:43 PM
in theory, DOWNLOADING vs. RECORDING a stream give exactly the same result. it is just a different (internal) mode to save the original stream to harddisk, a 1:1 copy, lossless. in most cases, both modes could be used, so we prefer DOWNLOAD mode because it is faster. much faster. In some cases, DOWNLOAD mode isnt possible (due to technical reasons), then we MUST use the RECORDING mode. to answer your question:

No, that would not give better results.

stream-recorder.com
04-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Also RMC 4.2.1 beta detects live streams, so it won't use RTMP Super Download for them.