PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded media from VG.NO - playback slowmotion

skanza
03-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Hi,

I downloaded a video clip from the norwegian news site vg.no.

When I play it through the flv player from replay media catcher, it plays smooth and realtime speed.

However when I play it through say VLC player it plays in slow motion.

I uploaded this file to youtube in the original .flv format, and it plays back on youtube in a slow motion and out of sync of audio. (not choppy, but smooth slow motion)

any suggestions to why this is?

Regards

stream-recorder.com
03-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Tried to download a video from VG.NO. Applian FLV player and KMplayer played the downloaded file just fine. I had problems playing with VLC, but it happens to many FLV files when playing them with VLC.

Also I tried to fix time:
http://www.applian.com/faq-pro/index.php?action=article&cat_id=003&id=86&lang=
After that the downloaded file plays fine in VLC.

skanza
03-28-2011, 03:37 PM
thanks for the suggestion.

It solved the problem with playing it through VLC player so that's great.

Oddly when I upload it to youtube, it is now half the length and plays super fast... Not sure why youtube plays it differently to what FLV and VLC play it as :(

Jeff Lenney
03-29-2011, 12:08 AM
thanks for the suggestion.

It solved the problem with playing it through VLC player so that's great.

Oddly when I upload it to youtube, it is now half the length and plays super fast... Not sure why youtube plays it differently to what FLV and VLC play it as :(

Yeah, youtube is 'funny' like that sometimes. When i have that happen, i just convert it to mp4 and re-upload to youtube, that usually resolves the issue.

stream-recorder.com
03-29-2011, 12:23 AM
Youtube is picky indeed. I did lots of testing before finding a format that was working for me.

Try to convert your recordings using the "MPEG-4 lossless extraction" or "MKV lossless extraction" conversion profile. It is lossless, so you won't lose any quality. Then re-upload to youtube.

skanza
03-31-2011, 05:24 AM
Hi again, thanks for the suggestions..

Could any of you recommend a good converting program? I don't mind paying for it.

Thanks again for the support!

stream-recorder.com
03-31-2011, 11:23 PM
After fixing your files, try to convert them with Replay Media Catcher first.