PDA

View Full Version : replay media catcher scheduling and converting problems

manny786
03-18-2011, 06:14 PM
I have set the scheduler to record a radio station stream for 120 min. but it records only for 50 min. or so. Also the converter is giving errors of some feature not implemented or update ffmpeg? The recorded stream is distorted. Please Help!!!!!!!! Wanted to email to Customer service, but to my surprise no direct email is supported. Instead Every time its diverted to this forum.

stream-recorder.com
03-18-2011, 11:55 PM
You need to post more details.

What stream were you trying to record?

What format were you trying to convert to? What error exactly did you get? Copy-paste it here.

stream-recorder.com
03-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Wanted to email to Customer service, but to my surprise no direct email is supported. Instead Every time its diverted to this forum.
Contacting Technical Support and Customer Service

manny786
03-19-2011, 01:31 PM
The following is the address to the location I am trying to record.
http://player.evanovradio.com/CIAOAM/

The Following Message I am getting trying to convert it to mp3 128 kbps. I get distorted audio after the convertion.

[aac@017B8400]SBR not implemented update your ffmpeg from svn

stream-recorder.com
03-19-2011, 03:41 PM
[aac@017B8400]SBR not implemented update your ffmpeg from svn
https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?5983-FFMPEG-message-when-converting-FLV-to-MP3-SBR-not-implemented.-Update-your-FFmpeg-version-to-the-newest-one

manny786
03-21-2011, 05:42 PM
still the same problem???????????????

Jeff Lenney
03-21-2011, 07:04 PM
still the same problem???????????????

Are you asking us this? Or stating that you're still having the same problem after viewing stream-recorders link....?

Thank you for clarifing.

manny786
03-22-2011, 06:41 AM
it has been a while that my problem is not resolved, though i have sent messages to forums and created a ticket also.I am wondering that, maybe it was a mistake to buy this product? Can someone atleast tell me that, I should move out to other products of yours to resolve this, or else I guess I lost my money.

stream-recorder.com
03-22-2011, 09:20 AM
This is a live RTMP stream. If you have problems listening to it, you will have problems recording it. Depending on your internet connection and the radio server load, it might be better to record live radio streams from sound card with software like Replay AV.

I got much better results when recording the RTMP stream from this radio station (see the RTMP recording mode in Tools -> Settings -> RTMP Download Tweaks) than when downloading this stream.

Also I was able to extract the AAC audio track from the recorded FLV file with Replay Media Catcher (using an Audio Extraction profile).

manny786
03-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Can you explain how to use an audio extraction profile? also in the rtmp tweaks, what mode should I choose. I can clearly listen to the stream without any hesitation? If this does not work, Can I upgrade to Replay AV? Also is there a function in Replay AV to schedule a download without actually be there?

stream-recorder.com
03-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Can you explain how to use an audio extraction profile?
Audio extraction profiles allow you to extract MP3 and AAC audio from FLV files without losing quality:
https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?5784-how-to-extract-MP3-and-AAC-audio-from-FLV-files-losslessly-(without-re-encoding)-using-Replay-Media-Catcher-4&p=20461#post20461

also in the rtmp tweaks, what mode should I choose. I can clearly listen to the stream without any hesitation?
If you set to always record RTMP streams instead of downloading, then RMC will capture RTMP packets from flash player from your computer. You will need to leave your web-browser open and play your stream as long as you want it to be recorded.

If this does not work, Can I upgrade to Replay AV?
Check your upgrade options on the applian web-site:
http://www.applian.com/upgrade.php

And ask Applian for more (like replacement, refund, ...)

Applian offers a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee, but it is always a good idea to test a demo version before buying.

Also is there a function in Replay AV to schedule a download without actually be there?
Replay AV allows to record RTMP streams from sound card, you can't download them with Replay AV.

stream-recorder.com
03-29-2011, 02:17 AM
If you want to download with RMC 4 on schedule, try to turn off RTMP super download and leave buffer size as 1 second in the RTMP Download Tweaks.