PDA

View Full Version : RMC 3.11 suddenly keeps crashing

blazegmc
02-18-2011, 01:46 AM
ive had NO problems with RMC 3.11 for over a year and lastnight i was recording music from grooveshark and everything was working fine... then after about an hour i got a message saying genpuid.exe was trying to connect.. i recognised it as a RMC file and allowed it access. then RMC crashed ...i had to reboot again, then as soon as a song had finished recording it would crash...also locking up firefox.... i turned the computer off, tried again this morning and its the same problems again....i tried BLOCKING genpuid exe and still get the same problem...

ive made NO system changes and everythings exaclty the same as every other time ive used RMC.

does anybody know what may be causing this problem?????? i find it strange its all worked fine in the past, and now has stopped.

stream-recorder.com
02-18-2011, 02:53 AM
There were several solutions mentioned in the following thread.
Replay Media Catcher 3.11 locks up my browsers
Sometimes they were working... First of all, make sure not to use any applications that force RMC 3.11 to crash.

blazegmc
02-18-2011, 03:59 AM
thanks for responding quickly.... i have very limited things running because ive disabled a lot of start up features that i dont need, so its nothing there.. looked in the task manager,couldnt see anything that hasnt always been running..and in the scheduled tasks part. my temp files and cookies are cleared out a few times a day.

i used my AV to block RMC ,then allow full acess and it sems to have fixed the problem.. i think it might be a problem with mcafee because it all started when mcafee decided genpuid needed permission to acess the web, even though its always had it...

ill keep an eye on the situation and if it happens again ill try some other things .