PDA

View Full Version : echo while talking to someone

BARRY MEYER
01-25-2011, 07:22 PM
When I am interviewing someone they come across as a echo. Any Idea's what I could be doing wrong (in audio or Video) Vista Thank you Barry

Cheryl Wester
01-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Please turn the volume down a little for both the speakers and the mic in the Skype program. Make sure they are balanced. Also, deselct to auto detect and now give it another try.

Meatball
02-01-2011, 06:47 AM
Cheryl, can you go into a bit more detail? I'm getting the same thing recording with a friend of mine. I sound fine, he's got a light echo. We're both using headsets, so there shouldn't be any feedback into the microphones. Do we need to turn down the volume for both of ours? And when you say balanced, you mean each persons speaker/microphones, or both parties need to be balanced?

Jeff Lenney
02-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Hi meatball

Try simply turning down the volume on your pc and your skype application. Let us know if that makes any difference. I've had this issue before, and simply turning down things on MY end resolved the issue immediately. :-)

Meatball
02-10-2011, 08:13 AM
After a bit more testing, I think what's happening is my microphone is actually picking up a bit of the audio from my headset and it's causing the echo. I'm looking into getting another 'closed' set of headphones to try to isolate the sound inside my ears and not let any out, but I'll continue messing with the volume to see if I can drop it down low enough that it's not picked up, yet I can still hear it.

Thanks!

Jeff Lenney
02-10-2011, 10:38 PM
After a bit more testing, I think what's happening is my microphone is actually picking up a bit of the audio from my headset and it's causing the echo. I'm looking into getting another 'closed' set of headphones to try to isolate the sound inside my ears and not let any out, but I'll continue messing with the volume to see if I can drop it down low enough that it's not picked up, yet I can still hear it.

Thanks!

Ah - that could certainly do it too! Thanks for the update, and keep us posted on the new headset/mic set up once you get it! :-)