PDA

View Full Version : RVC Message: Cannot setup the registry for screen capture. Cannot continue

kamilk
01-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Hi,

I'm using Windows XP with SP3 and I've installed RVC 4.2 on administrator account and it worked fine, but when I try to run it on normal user account it doesn't work and I get follwing message on screen:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1979/rvci.jpg

Anyone can help me with this?

Regards

stream-recorder.com
01-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Run RVC as an admin.

kamilk
01-10-2011, 03:10 AM
Yes, that's a solution, but we cannot run it as admin as it's a company PC and we can't give admin privileges to the user. There must be other solution, which part of registry RVC is trying to access, does it need access to it all the time or just on first start?

Cheryl Wester
01-10-2011, 06:50 PM
The program only works under an admin account. The developer is working on a new version that won't require this but I don't have a release date as of yet.

Jeff Lenney
01-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Yes, that's a solution, but we cannot run it as admin as it's a company PC and we can't give admin privileges to the user. There must be other solution, which part of registry RVC is trying to access, does it need access to it all the time or just on first start?

Unfortunately, that is the only option. Your company would need to grant you local admin rights. I'm sorry, I wish I had a better soluttion. I was a 2003/2007 System Admin up until a few years ago and I myself have never found a solution to this problem - other than admin access locally. I know it's not ideal, but it's the only option for NOW.

NOW - the good news - I spoke with our programmer a few days ago and he IS working on a version that SHOULD allow non admin access.

The BAD news - I'm not sure when this will be made available - however I know it's being worked on now.

Thanks for hanging in there :)

kamilk
01-11-2011, 05:15 AM
Many thanks for this reply, I'm looking forward for a new version.

I personally do have admin rights, but we want to install RVC on few workstations for users who can't have them, so for now we will have to wait. Do you know if Power User rights will do the job?

Regards

Jeff Lenney
01-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Many thanks for this reply, I'm looking forward for a new version.

I personally do have admin rights, but we want to install RVC on few workstations for users who can't have them, so for now we will have to wait. Do you know if Power User rights will do the job?

Regards

Unfortunatately, power user rights will not work either. Thanks for your understanding.