PDA

View Full Version : Timing problems: time lag between Video and audio when converting FLV to PAL DVD

01-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Hi.
Happy new year to you all.
I am having problems converting a flv file to a mpeg PAL DVD Suitable file.
I am using the standard settings within the converter, converting to DVD PAL.
I have a 4-5 second time lag between Video and audio (Audio is in front!)
I am recording a classical music stream with a conductor, this is visually a catstrophe.
Any suggestions?
Win 7 German, latest Applian Versions of capture and convert. Hard ware is boring onboard stuff, nothing sexy.
When I play back the FLV directly, it is perfect.
I have tried the automatic convert after capture, and also the converter manually. Identical issue.
I have taken the soundcard hard ware out and replaced it with other hardware, and trplacedit's driver, issue remains.
I have * all * current Windows and Java Updates installed as of 31.12.2010.
I have switched off the anti virus software (symantec) upon suspicion but to no effect.
The time lag occurs during conversion and is consistent throughout the file.
Can you please advise?

Thanks from Neustadt, Germany.
Mike Duffin

Cheryl Wester
01-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Load the file into the converter
Right mouse click
Select Troubleshoot
Resync the video

You will need to adjust this to see what is best going to work for you.

01-03-2011, 04:34 AM
Thanks for the tip.
Do you mean reload the converted file (in this case the mpeg) or do you mean reload the flv?
Thanks in advance
Mike

coolwhip68
03-04-2011, 08:53 AM
I'm having the same issues with the video lag. To followup with the question posed by Cheryl, is it the converted file that you have to reload and resync? If so, what do you do after you click the RESYNC option? To you have to re-convert? Pls advise. Thx!

Rich

Cheryl Wester
03-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Reload the original file. Then make the adjustments required. You might need to ask it to reconvert.