PDA

View Full Version : Minor Replay Media Catcher problem: Disable update notification

MatthewC1000
12-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi folks.
The problem is, everytime there is an update...it nags to update "New Version Available" which asks to dismiss or download...but, the ultimate question is: can this message be disabled rather then doing a obligated update. (to remove message) Some people like old versions. There should be an option not to display this message again or, display this message later IMHO.

Best Regards.

buggaboo
12-28-2010, 12:48 AM
I agree completely. I have a version that works and don't want to upgrade anymore. Last time I did, the newer version broke (file renaming). So, I'm a bit scared of updating until I know it will work. In fact, is it possible to have two different version 4s installed at the same time in the same system?

stream-recorder.com
04-14-2011, 01:54 AM
This feature is available in RMC 4.2.0

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/5175/rmc4update.png

Heinz68
04-25-2011, 02:34 AM
I agree completely. I have a version that works and don't want to upgrade anymore. Last time I did, the newer version broke (file renaming). So, I'm a bit scared of updating until I know it will work. In fact, is it possible to have two different version 4s installed at the same time in the same system?

Yes it is possible to have two different version. I have Version: 3.11 and 4.21 installed. The problem is everytime I try to use the older v 3.11 (which works better on some sites) I get the update notification, which is stupid since I already have the update. Wish that was fixed.

Also sometime I use both version at the same time minimized at task bar and when I double click on the v 3.11 both versions pop up, no idea why since each version has own shortcut, wish that was also fixed.

Sancho Pancho
04-25-2011, 05:21 AM
This feature is available in RMC 4.2.0

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/5175/rmc4update.png

As usual Stream-recorder.com gives his usual ellipitcal answers, that are usually rushed, and not complete. He always seems to be in a hurry. I am using RMC 4.2.1, when will that version have an option to disable auto-update? I asked this question in the forum a couple of days ago, and got the usual smart-ass answer from Stream-corder.com.