PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Stream Quality when recording from svtplay.se

colojim
12-15-2010, 02:34 PM
I have RMC and am trying to download a stream from a site where I can choose between low, medium and high quality and even 720p if I want.
I have already downloaded once but I got the default medium quality file.
Is there a way of making RMC download a particular quality from the site?

stream-recorder.com
12-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Usually RMC detects the stream that you play. So if you play a high quality file, RMC should download or capture it.

colojim
12-17-2010, 01:22 PM
The stream I am trying to capture is on this page
http://svtplay.se/t/123386/luciamorgon Once you open the player you can select the stream quality by choosing between låg (low), meddel (medium), hög (high) and even 720p. I have recorded a segment of medium, high and 720p but on playback I get the medium rate only (about 850kbps). If it was 720p the play back would be about 2000kbps according to the site.
It is choosing this higher bitrate that I don't seem to be able to control.
I would use replay video capture but because of the high bitrate there are plenty of stops while the buffer refills hence rmc would be better if it could download the selected bitrate.

stream-recorder.com
12-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Tried to record HD video and didn't have any problem:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/91/svtz.jpg

I recorded a couple of minutes only, but there should be no problem downloading or capturing the complete video.

colojim
12-21-2010, 01:33 PM
That's promising, I will keep on t rying. So far I have kept on getting the medium bitrate.
One question I have, did you start the capture after you had selected the high quality?

colojim
12-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Well I gave it another try and my playback bitrate is abot 856kbps. The SVT player has a utility that selects the appropriate settings for your connection. I suspect that is affecting which stream is captured by RMC regardless of the qualtiy setting I have on screen.

stream-recorder.com
12-21-2010, 02:23 PM
That's promising, I will keep on trying. So far I have kept on getting the medium bitrate.
One question I have, did you start the capture after you had selected the high quality?
I try to start recording first and then navigate to a web-site. All recordings that I don't need can be cancelled.

Well I gave it another try and my playback bitrate is abot 856kbps. The SVT player has a utility that selects the appropriate settings for your connection. I suspect that is affecting which stream is captured by RMC regardless of the qualtiy setting I have on screen.
RMC detects the stream that is playing. If you can't play the HD video, RMC won't detect its URL.