PDA

View Full Version : Burn .cda CD so it will play in consumer stereo player, NOT computer

kenzo
11-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Hi,
I have .flac files that I want to burn onto a CD so it will play in all consumer CD players. My high-end audio CD player will NOT play computer files. It only can play audio cd format as what you would get if you purchase a CD from a music store.

Can replay converter convert and burn a .flac file to .cda and burn audio CD?

I have asked support for help but all they tell me to do is burn a .wav file, which won't work in my consumer stereo CD player. They don't even seem to understand the concept of an audio .cda format!

thanks,

Cheryl Wester
11-30-2010, 10:38 AM
You want to burn what is known as a data CD. This needs to be in mp3 format. Then they will play on your CD Player.

stream-recorder.com
11-30-2010, 10:57 AM
What you call a .cda CD is called an Audio CD. Replay Converter supports both converting from FLAC and burning an Audio CD:

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5126/convertvideoandaudiofil.png

To create an Audio CD with Replay Converter just mark the "Burn to CD/DVD" checkbox and choose "Burn to Audio CD"

kenzo
11-30-2010, 11:02 AM
You want to burn what is known as a data CD. This needs to be in mp3 format. Then they will play on your CD Player.

I wish, but nope. My CD player is a NAD S-500. It does NOT play computer files. It plays .cda files only.

It is what you get on a CD when you purchase at a music store. It is the encoding that was originally designed for playing CDs. It is audio CD, not mp3, not wav, not flac, not wpa, not aiff, not any computer file.

.cda on Original format audio CD!

but thanks anyway,

ken

kenzo
11-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Hmm, that is what I was hoping when I bought it. Have you tried to burn an audio cd so that it contains .cda files? Support has not been able to show me how to do it, and I have not been able to do it.

p.s. worked perfectly when I tried it with burnn....

kenzo
12-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Replay Converter can burn audio CDs! From flac! It was user error!

I have a two monitor system and the dialogue for the audio CD burning process was displaying only on my second monitor -which happend to be powered off.

So I was never able to see it and converter just appeared to hang.

Once I turned on the 2nd monitor and follwed the dialogue choices, the audio CD burned perfectly.

Jeff Lenney
12-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Replay Converter can burn audio CDs! From flac! It was user error!

I have a two monitor system and the dialogue for the audio CD burning process was displaying only on my second monitor -which happend to be powered off.

So I was never able to see it and converter just appeared to hang.

Once I turned on the 2nd monitor and follwed the dialogue choices, the audio CD burned perfectly.

Wow - good to know, thanks for the update and i'm glad you got things working! :-)