PDA

View Full Version : No tags (artist, album, title) when converting WMA to MP3

mfoncerrada
11-19-2010, 06:40 PM
When I convert WMA music which has the the info above (I see it in Windows properties and it displays when I play the files in Windows Media Player), the resulting MP3 has no properties filled in. Using freecorder 4 converter tool version 1.5.0.0

Is this a known limitation?

Cheryl Wester
11-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Yes, it is going to convert the music but not carry over any tagging. Thanks.

mfoncerrada
11-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Thank you for the answer...do you know if it's on your list of planned enhancements?

Oh well.....it seems like a worthwhile feature. You already have a very good product and that particular feature doesn't seem like it would be difficult to program (although I am a computer programmer, I know nothing of music formats, so I am not absolutely certain, but it seems like converting the music is 10 times harder than converting the tags....). I would pay for a converter with that feature...I'm searching for a converter that does that now, but haven't found one...so this may be another opportunity to differentiate your product in this crowded market.

Cheers, Miguel

stream-recorder.com
11-22-2010, 08:16 PM
The latest version of Replay Converter (http://www.applian.com/replay-converter/) preserves tag information when converting from one format to another.