PDA

View Full Version : RMC Not Automatically Identifying and Tagging from Slacker.com

CurtisCee
11-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Someone else reported this in August 2010 with no apparent resolution:
https://forum.applian.com//showthread.php?5382-Slacker-Radio-omg-problems!&highlight=slacker

However, the following indicates that something else is going on other than what the prior poster suggested:

1: The "Automatically Identify and Tag" option is enabled within RMC.
2: RMC 4.014
3: Google Chrome 8.0.552.200 beta and Windows Internet Explorer 9 Beta
4: Windows 7 Professional
5: RMC successfully renames ALL files on the Electronica - Chill radio station on Pandora.com.
6: RMC fails to rename ALL files on the Electronica - Chill radio station on Slacker.com.
7: Windows Internet Explorer 9 Beta: Required Compatibility View to be enabled for Slacker.com to display correctly, but naming issue persists.
8: Issue persists across any radio station on Slacker.com, whether HITS, Chill, Jazz etc.
9: Rearranging file naming combinations, i.e artist, album, etc. changed only the order of the individual options as expected, but did not resolve issue.

Sample filenames on Slacker.com: "TRACK_1_01-mp3.mp3" or "5050580521742_01_012_wm9_lossless_full-mp3.mp3" or increasing-numbered copies of prior song, i.e. "Copy (5) of Artist - Song.mp3" then "Copy (6) of Artist - Song.mp3" then "Copy (7) of Artist - Song.mp3" etc.

It initially appears that RMC 4 needs to update its detection method for Slacker.com across all browsers. (Perhaps Slacker.com changed something recently.)

:confused:

CurtisCee
11-20-2010, 07:02 PM
I reported this to Applian and they just released an update to specifically resolve this problem in version 4.017: http://applian.com/blog/updates/replay-media-catcher.html

Update to version 4.017 to resolve this issue.

Thanks Applian for the quick resolution!

Jeff Lenney
11-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Thank YOU Curtis for posting your resolution in the forum too, and I'm glad our dev team was able to get this issue fixed promptly! :)