PDA

View Full Version : Replay media catcher crashing

fosssil
10-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Hello...this is my first post...not sure if there is any other info I need to supply...there is not much more available so far.

I am using latest 64 bit RMC (version 4.0.12.0) in windows 7, 64 bit...but the problem happens in both 64 bit and 32 bit versions..I tried 32 bit demo after 64 bit was crashing but both versions continued to crash everytime without failas described below...
Thank you,

fosssil

First of all...RMC 3.11 works well but does not capture one of my favourite sites so I purchased the latest RMC 4 64 bit., however anytime I place my cursor over the widow where it says "do you want to record now"(it allows me to click that button to start recording) to right click or similar, the program crashes...every time...I am not able to mouse click on any menu item (ie File Download Tools and Help or left click or right click on any item shown as either recorded or failed or completed or in fact anything in the status window...

If I leave the window untouched by any mouse activities (such as select an item to do an activity such as delete etc,) ie dont right click or left click, the program will record the file but any right click activity causes a crash...most upsetting because Version 3.11 worked and I was able to do all of the afore mentioned mouse and file and program management activities I thought there would not be any problem with version 4...

I do manage to get some recording done as long as once the recording takes place, the program menus and status window are not clicked on by any mouse button...I have finished quite a few recordings...and can open and capture additional browser windows OK ...but once the mouse is clicked for any action on the program status window and menus, the program instantly crashes...(as mentioned elsewhere i am using Win 7 64 bit and RMC 64bit vs 4.0.12.0...RMC 3.11 works well without any crashes but does not record the main videos I want it for.
I am not able to left click ANY menu settings without a crash so I cant see if a log file exits....see below for crash data as given by crash message

Please help if you can because Version 4 records my fav. video site that v 3.11 does not...

Below is the reported crash data.
==========================================

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: armcp.exe
Application Version: 4.0.12.0
Application Timestamp: 4cae5ce8
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2264
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0a51a8ed
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2264
Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
Additional Information 3: 875f
Additional Information 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

stream-recorder.com
10-24-2010, 11:18 PM
This seems to be the first time I see RMC 4 crashing, so I don't really know what causes this.

Have you installed all Windows 7 updates?

What kind of antivirus, firewall, anti-malware software do you use? Have you tried to disable it temporarily?

fosssil
10-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks...yes I have done all of those things...I have a ticket in at the moment so we will see what comes of that,

fosssil

Jeff Lenney
10-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Let us know please if you don't mind, so others who may come across this issue in the future can see the results.

Thanks! :)

fosssil
10-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Hi,
I use ZoneAlarm Professional and AVG 9 just updated today with a big update...however I have tried removing it, then stopping AVG and ZA, then Installing RMC 4 (latest version) but problem still happens...Its actually instant program crash when either left or right clicking on the downoading window or clicking on menu items...also using Windows 7 64 bit Enterprise which is totally up to date...bit of a mystery isn't it...
fosss

fosssil
11-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi..well the answer was to reinstall windows 7...I had been putting it off thinking that upgrades should fix the problem, however RMC 4 is now working well..

fosss

mchinsomboon
11-15-2010, 05:06 PM
I have a similar problem with Windows Vista Ultimate (32 bit) (and I do have iTunes installed, in case that makes a difference, but do not have the "import into itunes" checked, rather it's unchecked). All system updates are installed.

Right after starting up, I get the windows message "Replay Media Catcher has stopped working", even though it is working as I can actually still record, except I have to keep the windows message up without closing out. Here is the detailed message:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: armcp.exe
Problem Signature 02: 4.0.14.0
Problem Signature 03: 4cc3af44
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4bf4c743
Problem Signature 07: 344a
Problem Signature 08: 26d
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.IOException
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

terryar53
11-20-2010, 10:53 AM
When I try to open rmc 4 I get a dialogue box that says the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. I've reinstalled it several times and checked for windows vista updates. Uninstalled it reinstalled it, no difference. The older version worked fine. Any suggestions? Is it possible to get the older version back? Terry

enigmaaz
11-20-2010, 07:20 PM
I am having similar issue after 4. whatever loaded today and told me there was an update available. KNow when I try to load RMC 4.17 I get a pop up trying to install it again!!!

An installation package for the product Replay Media Catcher 4 cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'RMCX63.Setup.msi'.

http://www.marksaw.com/WTF2.jpg

Jeff Lenney
11-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Hey all - thanks for your continued patience with this. I'm coordinating now with our RMC team about this, I'll post as soon as I hear more.

Thanks all for hanging in there! :)

stream-recorder.com
11-21-2010, 04:10 AM
When I try to open rmc 4 I get a dialogue box that says the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. I've reinstalled it several times and checked for windows vista updates. Uninstalled it reinstalled it, no difference.
Can't Install RMC4 Update: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

Shellie Heggenberger
11-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Please see what version you have installed and download the correct MSI.

XP: Look in the add/remove programs applet in the control panel, select RMC and click “Click here for support” to get the version number.
Vista/Win7: Look in the uninstall programs applet in the control panel. The version number is a column in the display and will be listed against RMC.

Download the correct MSI by replacing the version number in one of the following URLS.

32bit http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/Applian/rmc/<version no>/RMC.Setup.msi
X64 http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/Applian/rmc/<version no>/RMCX64.Setup.msi