PDA

View Full Version : Gomtv.net doesn't work with Replay Media Catcher 4

usen22
10-21-2010, 04:18 PM
I've tried recording streams from gomtv.net and it gives me this error. I've tried the free streams, and the paid streams to no avail. In previous months you could watch the streams through vlc media player just by clicking on view source, so I doubt they are using RTMP encryption or whatever trips up RMC. Can someone please advise? I've tried to "Enter 43.144.170 (and other ip addresses and the gomtv.net domain name) as a secure site with file extension flv under the Tools > Settings" and it just gives the same error.

Recording of http://211.43.144.170/stream.gom?bid=1186&nodeid=10793&level=50&ispay=1&uno=13425&uip=999.999.9.9&title=Gilja%20vs%20jookToJung%20[Round%20of%2064%20match%2019]%20Set3&key=99999999999999999999
Download file: Gilja vs jookToJung %5BRound of 64 match 19%5D Set3.flv
Started at: 22/10/2010 8:55 AM
Queued for downloading
Starting HTTP download ...
Detecting file name ...
Detecting file name from page title ...
File name detection complete
Demo Mode - 50% of on-demand or 1 minute of live streams will be captured.
Requesting download details ...
The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
*** THIS SITE MAY USE ANTI-LEACH FEATURES. Enter 43.144.170 as a secure site with file extension flv under the Tools > Settings menu and try again. ***
Detecting file name from tags ...
Identifying Music ...
MusicDNS lookup is not supported for file type: .flv
No title tag could be extracted
Performing extended title search
No extended title was found.
Complete with errors. Double click to view.

Thanks for any assistance!

blazegmc
10-22-2010, 01:57 AM
hey i used to get the anit leech error message when capturing movies from stagevu.com... i went into the settings and lowered the segments down to 1 and then when the error occured i would hit the reprocess link on RMC 4 and it would record all the way through.....

im not saying it will deffo work with your site, but it deffo worked on stagevu, so it maby worth giving a go.

stream-recorder.com
10-22-2010, 02:30 AM
The answer is in your post

Started at: 22/10/2010 8:55 AM
Queued for downloading
Starting HTTP download ...
Detecting file name ...
Detecting file name from page title ...
Demo Mode - 50% of on-demand or 1 minute of live streams will be captured.
Requesting download details ...
The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
*** THIS SITE MAY USE ANTI-LEACH FEATURES. Enter 43.144.170 as a secure site with file extension flv under the Tools > Settings menu and try again. ***
Detecting file name from tags ...
Identifying Music ...
MusicDNS lookup is not supported for file type: .flv
No title tag could be extracted
Performing extended title search
No extended title was found.
Complete with errors. Double click to view.

usen22
10-22-2010, 03:54 AM
The answer is in your post

Im sorry I don't really understand. Are you saying the answer is "Enter 43.144.170 as a secure site with file extension flv under the Tools > Settings menu and try again." ? I presume that's not what you mean because I addressed that initially by saying I tried entering a variety of ip addresses (and the .flv) and domains into the settings menu including 43.144.170.

Did you realise that I posted that and are you saying the answer is elsewhere in my post? I appreciate any assistance but to be honest im finding your post quite cryptic, which isnt really ideal for other forum goers who might find themselves searching for this thread and having to wade through indirect discussions.

I've managed to find an alternative method for capturing the live stream, I can't get it to work with the vods available on the site but live streams can still be captured.

You go to http://www.gomtv.net/2010gslopens2/live/
then view source, find the link, then put that link into another browser window, it will show a page with 1 line saying copyright information, then view source for that page, and there will be another link. This link can be entered into vlc media player or the url bar in wm recorder where it will be saved, naturally this method will only work on the live streams which are only available at set times.

So anyway seeing as it's this practicle to record the live stream, I'm confident theres some sort of simple fix to make downloading the Vods work in replay media catcher, if anyone could offer any clear advice I'd really appreciate it, for now this method should hold anyone interested over :) So to be clear, I tried entering 43.144.170 as a secure site with the .flv file extention, is there something else I don't understand?

stream-recorder.com
10-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Sorry, I didn't pay much attention to the details. Entering 211.43.144.170 should work if they use the same IP address all the time. If they change it, the new IP addresses should be added as well.

If you can find out a working link for VLC, then you should be able to record it with RMC. Just try to stop playing your stream as soon as RMC detects the URL. If RMC fails, try to right-click on that stream and select "Reprocess..."

usen22
10-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Sorry, I didn't pay much attention to the details. Entering 211.43.144.170 should work if they use the same IP address all the time. If they change it, the new IP addresses should be added as well.

If you can find out a working link for VLC, then you should be able to record it with RMC. Just try to stop playing your stream as soon as RMC detects the URL. If RMC fails, try to right-click on that stream and select "Reprocess..."

Wow it just started working for me, I'm not exactly certain what I had to do to make it work, or what I had to stop doing wrong to make it work, but here are some things I did.

I added the complete ip addresses (the ips with 4 sets of numbers seperated by dots) and the incomplete addresses (the ips with 3 sets of numbers) to the tools>settings>http download tweaks menu, I used the flv file extension NOT the .flv file extension, putting a dot in there might of messed it up for me, and most importantly I think I had to constantly put in the IPs over and over again, there were at least 3 ip addresses (so 6 including the incomplete ones) for each video I wanted to get, and I had to enter them all, finding them by checking each new failed download. Also I had to keep the video running in the background, if I stop the video the stream stops working. A option in RMC where all videos are downloaded in this manner might be ideal, instead of having to enter ip addresses all the time.

Anyway thanks for your help blazegmc it looks like you were right all along! I hope someone finds this thread useful!