PDA

View Full Version : Only recording part of videos

kellit
10-21-2010, 02:08 PM
I am running Replay Media Catcher 3.11 (haven't upgraded just yet). I noticed that it suddenly is only recording part of videos. For example, I will record something off of youtube, and it's only capturing the first 20 seconds or so. It doesn't do this on every web site, nor does it do it to every youtube video. Any suggestions? I haven't changed any settings that I'm aware of. Thanks!

Jeff Lenney
10-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Specifically, Can you provide an example URL that this IS occurring on, so I can troubleshoot the issue?

Also, have you tried clearing your browser cache yet?

Thanks!

kellit
10-22-2010, 07:12 AM
Here's the URL to one of the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoZduLboT2Q

I haven't cleared my cache but that never seemed to be an issue in the past.

stream-recorder.com
10-22-2010, 11:22 AM
It is a simple http stream. Clean the cache of your browser as Jeff suggested and you should be fine.

Alternatively extract the video from your cache using the new Cache Browser tool in Replay Media Catcher 4.

kellit
10-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Nope. Cleared the cache, re-recorded 3 different videos and only 21 seconds of each was recorded.

stream-recorder.com
10-22-2010, 01:52 PM
This is weird. Did you use RMC 4.0.12?

Were you downloading multiple videos simultaneously?

What kind of error did you get?

kellit
10-22-2010, 02:00 PM
No, I'm still using 3.11. No, I only attempted one download at a time. And no error message. It looked as if it had downloaded, I clicked on it to play, the box came up that said content was downloaded, I hit play and it played normally, but only 21 seconds of 3 minute videos recorded. This has happened in the past periodically but refreshing the page, clearing cache, or opening another browser window worked and it recorded fully. Not this time however.

stream-recorder.com
10-23-2010, 07:36 AM
RMC 3.11 works fine for me as well...

At least you should be able to copy video from cache of your web-browser. Go to Tools -> Video History Tool, play the video fully and then copy it.

kellit
10-23-2010, 09:26 AM
This is weird. None of the three videos I was trying to record are in my video history. However, I opened the video in Firefox instead of IE, and it recorded the full 7 minute video. Strange!

stream-recorder.com
10-23-2010, 02:15 PM
I use Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome instead of I.E., so I may have not noticed a problem like this.