PDA

View Full Version : RMC4--Acts like it is recording but isn't

Greasy Gus
10-15-2010, 02:54 PM
I want to record a Youtube video using RMC4. I start record on RMC4 first then fire up the video, RMC4 active bug rotates in the upper right corner as well as the system tray. However, no files are listed in the "In Progress" window. After recording is concluded no files exist.

I use a Turtle Beach sound card that will occasionally flip record settings from microphone to stereo mix. In this case stereo mix is in use.

Any ideas as to what is happening?

blazegmc
10-15-2010, 03:01 PM
post a link to the video you were trying to capture so we can see if we have any joy

Greasy Gus
10-15-2010, 04:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o22eIJDtKho

I verified the symptoms with a number of videos.

blazegmc
10-15-2010, 05:15 PM
i managed to download the johnny cash song you provided with no problems on both rmc 3 and 4 . sometimes if i cant download something first time i find exiting the browser and clearing the cookies fixes the problem.

stream-recorder.com
10-16-2010, 04:26 AM
You may need to clean the cache of your web-browser.

Alternatively you can extract the video from the cache using the "Cache Browser" of RMC 4.

Greasy Gus
10-16-2010, 07:38 PM
Nothing in cache of RMC4
Cleared cache of Firefox--no help
Used internet explorer--no help
Uninstalled and reinstalled RMC4--no help

Greasy Gus
10-17-2010, 05:46 AM
A little more definition:
--youtube does not show up in RMC4 cache
--Breitbart TV does show up in RMC4 cache. I can extract and play the video, but it does not show up in "today" or "in progress".

stream-recorder.com
10-18-2010, 03:16 AM
Tried to extract this youtube video from the cache of Firefox and didn't have any problem with it. URL detection from Firefox and downloading works fine for me as well.

stream-recorder.com
10-18-2010, 03:17 AM
Breitbart TV does show up in RMC4 cache. I can extract and play the video, but it does not show up in "today" or "in progress".
If you just extract it from the cache, I don't think it will appear in "Today" or "In Progress".