PDA

View Full Version : Recording via Line In

laurie53
09-26-2010, 01:00 AM
I can record "line in" using Freecorder (so the audio drivers are OK) but not using Replay, though Replay records on line radio OK.

No line in audio at all using Replay.

I have tried every setting available, and can't find anything on the forums.

AV 8.82, Win 7 64 bit.

Any clues?

Cheryl Wester
09-26-2010, 08:23 AM
Line in is not easy with Windows 7o. First you need to make sure it is enabled in your Control Panel. If you use Internet Explorer for your main browser you will need to turn your user account control all the way down. You do this in the Control Panel under User Accounts-User Accounts-Change User Account Settings.

laurie53
10-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Thanks Cheryl.

Checked all those, still no joy.

I note in another thread that someone else has had success using Video Capture so I might try that over the weekend.

stream-recorder.com
10-14-2010, 01:52 AM
What exactly happens when you use Replay AV Audio Driver?

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/3900/ravb.jpg

If you have get an message like "No sound was detected on any available audio recording method for this sound card: . Please update your sound card driver." after clicking onto the "Test methods" button, just ignore it and try to record. Works fine for me in Windows 7, although I don't have the Wave-out Mix (I do have the Stereo Mix in Windows XP and Ubuntu 10.04 so thank you Microsoft for "quality" OS).

thetalk
10-18-2010, 08:27 AM
I mainly use Replay AV for recording, but sometimes I need to use the microphone. I use some other software for that, and it has a window that lets me select the sound source. I think I can pick the "Stereo Mix", the "Microphone", or the "Back Input". I have a video capture card so I can watch TV on my system too with the sound coming in the back input, so all 3 will give very different results. I have to be careful when I set these. In fact, just this past Saturday I recorded 4 hours of my empty office instead of my radio show. I hope they get the streaming working again soon so that won't happen again! By the way, this software (Goldwave) is the ONLY thing I've found on my computer that will allow me to switch between the inputs, including the TV software I've installed. I'm sure there must be a way to do it with the windows software, or audio controls, but goldwave is the easiest I've found. Good luck!

divad
10-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Sounds like the same issue I'm having that is above yours now in the forum post list:

https://forum.applian.com//showthread.php?5821-Cannot-record-audio-from-any-computer-sources-ie-line-in-mic-speakers.

I opened a ticket with Applian Tech Support and they gave some basic show properties suggestions per the user guide that I seem to have already set up correctly. I would speculate there is apparently a driver issue with some Windows machines/OS/audio drivers that they were not using in development of the product. Rather common situation given the huge amount of ever changing and advancing hardware in the pc world. I'm guessing this ought to be an easy fix for their software driver engineer once they get their hands on the systems like ours that don't function.

divad

DADEO
10-30-2010, 05:32 PM
If you could, let us know how it goes. I was a longtime satisfied user with XP, but 7 is a bugger. Capturing sound from streams is good, but capturing from speakers is no good. I'll be keeping an eye out on this forum to see how it goes. https://forum.applian.com//showthread.php?5821-Cannot-record-audio-from-any-computer-sources-ie-line-in-mic-speakers

laurie53
11-07-2010, 02:46 AM
Just an update for those monitoring.

Still no joy.

Still trying!

Cheryl Wester
11-07-2010, 09:08 AM
I f you are not able to enable line in on your system then it won't work. It is not easy due to the changes in Vista and in Windows 7 and the limiations of the sound cards on various systems.