PDA

View Full Version : Replay Music problem - I'm having a Problem tagging some songs

bshiverick
09-07-2010, 04:22 AM
Hi.

I have been using Replay Music for a couple of years. I have successfully recorded many songs, mostly off of Pandora. I don't use it all the time, when someone in the family gets interested we record a bunch of stuff and then it sits. When my 13 year old got an ipod recently and began trying to record, we have not had any success with tagging and recognizing.

We can record a few dozen songs at a time and have none of them recognized. I updated the software to the current version, I checked Windows Firewall and checked other settings as recommended. Using Pandora, it doesn't tag anything. With Grooveshark (a recommended source) it recognizes about 1 in 10 songs. This isn't obscure stuff, this is what young teens are listening to (Radio Disney, Linkin Park, All Star Weekend, etc.)

What can I do?

Thanks.

B.

patmcf
09-07-2010, 06:29 PM
I have the same problem with v 3.98. & Rhapsody. I wonder if it really matters what the source is? I turned a request at the tech support page. Based on what I've read, I don't hold out much hope that Applian will actually get it fixed.

Havonasun
11-23-2010, 05:23 AM
I don't think they actually work on anything. The tagging issue is widespread and unabated. It seems as though they never have any problems getting it to work on their own machines, so it must be our fault. Maybe it is. Perhaps a newly installed OS with no protection from the outside world? Who knows? It would be nice if the support staff would tell us what they are running the software on, or what ideal conditions must be met.

stream-recorder.com
11-23-2010, 06:30 AM
Replay Music can tag the most popular songs only. If some of your songs are being tagged properly, then the problem is that the database doesn't contain your songs.

Cheryl Wester
11-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Also, if a song is new it takes about 30 days or so to get it in the database.

Llunatik
12-25-2010, 03:07 PM
My Replay Music is not tagging songs with my Spotify. I tried everything you posted here but there is no way i get it...

Cheryl Wester
12-26-2010, 04:09 PM
What kind of music are you trying to record? Thanks.

Llunatik
01-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Dance hits, as Davif Guetta and this kind of music.

Cheryl Wester
02-10-2011, 07:06 PM
There are some types of songs that it is very difficult to tag. An example would be classical music due to the instrumental. Also, it does take around a month for new songs to get into the database.

figurado
02-12-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm on day one of the trial and so far I'm underwhelmed. If the tagging database is as poor as it seems then this isn't for me. Funny but I don't think "Stairway to Heaven" and "Disarm" by Smashing Pumpkins (1994) are obscure and they've had plenty of time to get in the database. Right now I'm running about 75% correct but that isn't good enough to be worthwhile.

Comex
02-20-2011, 07:30 AM
With all due respect to Applian, I'm having the same problems, but NO songs are tagged. Since I upgraded (and I hold bunches of upgrades and licenses for many Applian products) Replay Music 3 six months ago, NO songs are tagged at all. Like everyone else, I've tried all suggestions I could find...disable the firewall completely, reinstall latest upgrade, use recommended default settings, etc. I'm running it on a Win7 64-bit installation and trying to record from Rhapsody. Every single track, regardelss of age or popularity, shows up as "Not Recognized". It worked great until about six months ago...now the function is useless. If Applian wants to be honest about their product, they need to admit that it's broken and price it accordingly. Half the reason I started using RM was because of the tagging.

Cheryl Wester
02-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Are you using the web based version of Rhapsody or the player? If you are using the player see what happens when you use the web based version. If you continue to have a problem please contact tech support as we will need your log file and more info. Thanks.

muskrat897
06-18-2011, 08:01 AM
I am not getting any tagging with RM 4.01. I have WIN7 SP1, using Rhapsody. I have been using RM for many years and the old versions seemed to do a better job of tagging. Help?

Cheryl Wester
06-18-2011, 10:30 AM
They are having a server issue today and it is being worked on. They also had it to some degree yesterday. Thanks for your patience while this is being worked on.

Scubasa1
06-19-2011, 05:07 AM
Hi Cheryl,
Any news on the server isue above, still saying somthing about Genpuid.exe file.
Tracks are pending and not tagging.
Many thanks for a wonderful piece of software even with this temp glitch.

Cheryl Wester
06-19-2011, 08:56 PM
It has been working today without an issue. Thanks.

Ed Zebrowski
06-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Hi Cheryl, I'm still having problems tagging songs as of this morning. Any updates?

Cheryl Wester
06-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Contact tech support with a detail of what you are recording from, the genre, how many songs are not tagging, log file, etc.

b0b.bowman
08-21-2011, 04:09 PM
I had not used RM in a while. Downloaded and installed the latest 4.05 version on Win7. Running against Pandora I had no successful tagging.

After watching the task manager while triggering tagging, I saw two executables running out of the c:\users\bob\AppData\Local\mdnslib directory.

I checked events and logs. RM log showed an error opening a URL. netstat -b was showing no connection attempts. So I realized that something was preventing the network connection. Outgoing firewall is wide open so... hmmm.

It suddenly occurred to me that I DID have some software running which might prevent connections... Net Nanny. Grrr.

I opened up the Application Exceptions window in NetNanny and added c:\users\bob\AppData\Local\mdnslib\GENPUID.exe

Voila! Tagging went from 0% to 50% successful. Hope this helps someone.

Cheryl Wester
08-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Most people do get between 75 and 90 percent tagging accuracy. There are some songs that are not in the database and others that have an instrumental that make it difficult to tag.

DaveC
04-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Hi,
I'm trying out the demo version of Replay Music 5.5 prior to buying a ripper to record and tag music from Spotify. It seems to recognise Eric Clapton OK, but enters the tag information in Japanese, Aabic or some other language that does not use the english alphabet. Would I be better with vesion 4 that hasn't been updated to use any language or script that windows can recognise?

Cheryl Wester
04-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Please contact tech support if you continue to have this problem. Thanks.