PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with activation code entry

gpear
09-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Having trouble with the RegCode for version 4.0.9.0. running under XP pro SP3.
If run under THE ADMINISTRATOR it will remember that I registered.
If run AS an administrator it will request the code and accept each time.
I have run previous version 3 and did not have this problem until I upgraded.
Tried uninstalling, then re-installing as THE ADMINISTRATOR, then again as AN administrator.
Same thing.
If I right click and run as "The Admin" then it will not ask me.
Looked through the registry and did not see any permission issues.
I saw a previous forum post but I did not see an answer except to contact Applian Techs.
Is there now an answer to this? Is this bug with a fix coming?
I hope there is a happier answer other that just right click each time and run it as "The man".
If it requires a reg hack, no problem with that.

Thanks!

gpear
09-06-2010, 05:24 AM
Update-
Now even if signed in as ADMINISTRATOR, I still have to enter the registration code each and every time.
Performed a registry search and the code is there but the program keeps asking for it.
Never had to do these things with version 3.
Maybe I should just go back to version 3 and call it a day.

gpear
10-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Well, NO ONE replied to my request for help with the Media Catcher 4 program not remembering registration code.
Even so, the latest build that I just installed, a month and a half later, at least allowed me to "run as" ADMINISTRATOR and then remember the registration.
That is a decent workaround for not being able to run except as a totally vulnerable administrator.
I wish Applian customer service would improve.

Jeff Lenney
10-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Hi Gpear

I'm very sorry that your issue was not responded to in a timely manner, a month and a half is a BIT longer than we usually like to make people wait. :-)

All kidding aside of course, i've never heard of this happening, are you sure you're entering the NEW registration code for RMC4 and not your OLD code for Version 3?

Thanks