PDA

View Full Version : how to convert using replay media catcher 4

illusionsii
09-03-2010, 09:17 PM
how can i convert the video that i record in youtube using the replay media catcher version 4??:confused

Jeff Lenney
09-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Please see our great user guide with regards to this request: How to Convert with Replay Media Catcher 4 (http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/user_guide4.php#converting)

Thanks!

djkim77
09-12-2010, 05:30 PM
I have a question to "convert" to ipod Touch.
I've been using Replay Video Capture to capture webimars, youtube, or anything, then
Replay Converter to convert to "ipod video high quality", then
drag-n-drop to iTune, then Sync to ipod Touch.
Webinar capture is usually 1~2 hour, and conversion is 2~3 hours!!
That's a very long and tedious procedure, but it works.

Now, I like Replay Media Catcher 4 because it can download the file by itself Quickly.
I don't have to watch the whole show to capture it.
But there seems to be some problem with converting.
If the downloaded/catchered file is FLV, it converts to mp4, and copied and sync'ed to ipod Touch fine.
It was Great! Way-way faster than I used to do with the methods described above.
But if the downloaded/catchered file is mp4 file, then it doesn't convert at all.
It doesn't convert to ipod Touch format....
It displays "identifying music....", then "Completed".
So, after I drag-n-drop the converted file to iTune, it cannot be 'Sync'ed' to ipod Touch.
Instead, I get this error:
"xxxxx was not copied to the iPod because it cannot be played on this iPod".

So, I went back to the old method: Replay Video Capture -> Replay Converter... which takes 2 ~ 3 hours. :(

Jeff Lenney
09-13-2010, 08:01 AM
I have a question to "convert" to ipod Touch.
I've been using Replay Video Capture to capture webimars, youtube, or anything, then
Replay Converter to convert to "ipod video high quality", then
drag-n-drop to iTune, then Sync to ipod Touch.
Webinar capture is usually 1~2 hour, and conversion is 2~3 hours!!
That's a very long and tedious procedure, but it works.

Now, I like Replay Media Catcher 4 because it can download the file by itself Quickly.
I don't have to watch the whole show to capture it.
But there seems to be some problem with converting.
If the downloaded/catchered file is FLV, it converts to mp4, and copied and sync'ed to ipod Touch fine.
It was Great! Way-way faster than I used to do with the methods described above.
But if the downloaded/catchered file is mp4 file, then it doesn't convert at all.
It doesn't convert to ipod Touch format....
It displays "identifying music....", then "Completed".
So, after I drag-n-drop the converted file to iTune, it cannot be 'Sync'ed' to ipod Touch.
Instead, I get this error:
"xxxxx was not copied to the iPod because it cannot be played on this iPod".

So, I went back to the old method: Replay Video Capture -> Replay Converter... which takes 2 ~ 3 hours. :(

Would you mind submitting a technical support request for us via the website please? We'd like to look into this on a more detailed level for you, and possibly even test convert the file itself.

Thanks!

unkles
10-29-2010, 05:31 PM
My RMC wont convert at all . is there something i need to tweak?

Jeff Lenney
10-29-2010, 10:17 PM
My RMC wont convert at all . is there something i need to tweak?

What version are you using please, and when you try to convert - what happens specifically?

myersph
10-30-2010, 04:12 AM
I no longer try to convert with RMC 4.14. I had so many failures and out of sync results so now I just do a block conversion later with Converter where I can invoke troubleshooter to improve sync of picture and voice.

Jeff Lenney
10-31-2010, 11:52 AM
I no longer try to convert with RMC 4.14. I had so many failures and out of sync results so now I just do a block conversion later with Converter where I can invoke troubleshooter to improve sync of picture and voice.

Would you mind submitting a technical support request for us via the website please? We'd like to look into this on a more detailed level for you, and possibly even test convert the file itself.

Thanks!