PDA

View Full Version : Before I buy: Queued Stream Catch?

igotregistered
09-03-2010, 07:06 AM
I am very interested in buying this software. But I need to know first if it's possible to catch streams from queued points.

Example: If I were interested in only one specific part of a stream, can I catch "ONLY" that specific part? Not the entire stream? So, if the part is 25 minutes into the stream, is it possible to fast forward on the stream, then click record, start the stream, record it then stop recording when that part is over?

Basically, I need only parts of streams. Not the whole thing. I will buy if this is possible.

Thank you

cain
09-04-2010, 02:39 PM
You can download the trial version and try it... don't need to purchase first.

Depending on size and the medium, the "super download" for flash can accelerate the capture and may negate your seeking requirement (though you'd have to edit it, but Applian publishes other tools for that.)

Cheryl Wester
09-04-2010, 03:42 PM
This proram is going to record the entire stream. If you want to record only part of a program you would want to use our screen capture program Replay Video Capture.

igotregistered
09-07-2010, 06:47 AM
Thank you,

I have a question for that, "Capture" that is. Currently I use a different capture software, (won't name names). And it does capture, however the file is huge and the quality stinks.

Essentially, here's my interest. I have a membership to an online pro sports package. They stream all of their games in HD. When I capture, for some reason it skips through like stuttering effect. Then saves the output file as a gigantic .avi

I only catch at the most maybe 1-2 minutes worth of video and the output video is terrible.

Can replay "capture" capture hd video without the skipping and save it in a smaller sized clear resolution?

I know it can't be my computer or internet service either. I have verizon fios with 10meg service and my computer is an AMD Athlon dual core 4200Ghz processor with 4GB ram.

Thank you, any help is greatly appreciated. Sorry for all the questions. Just want to make sure I don't spend like I did with the current software. Which basically I wasted my money on.

Jeff Lenney
09-07-2010, 07:07 AM
Thank you,

I have a question for that, "Capture" that is. Currently I use a different capture software, (won't name names). And it does capture, however the file is huge and the quality stinks.

Essentially, here's my interest. I have a membership to an online pro sports package. They stream all of their games in HD. When I capture, for some reason it skips through like stuttering effect. Then saves the output file as a gigantic .avi

I only catch at the most maybe 1-2 minutes worth of video and the output video is terrible.

Can replay "capture" capture hd video without the skipping and save it in a smaller sized clear resolution?

I know it can't be my computer or internet service either. I have verizon fios with 10meg service and my computer is an AMD Athlon dual core 4200Ghz processor with 4GB ram.

Thank you, any help is greatly appreciated. Sorry for all the questions. Just want to make sure I don't spend like I did with the current software. Which basically I wasted my money on.

RVC Won't capture HD, per say, but it will you give a decent recording quality assuming your processor can handle it. :-) It does use quite a bit of your pc's memory, so I'd recommend you check out the demo of RVC for yourself to get a feel for the quality. I use it to record netflix videos all the time and I love it.

On another note, WM Recorder (http://WMRecorder.com/download.php) DOES allow you to schedule recordings, though we don't support that product on this forum.