PDA

View Full Version : RMC 3 vs RMC 4 vs WM Recorder

netsez
08-29-2010, 12:46 AM
I am an owner of RMC 3.11 I have read a lot of posts on the forum and I am rather confused. Should I stick with RMC 3.11, upgrade to RMC 4, or buy WM Recorder (which has been promoted here in the forums by Applian staff) What is considered by the experts here to be "the best"?

netsez
09-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Come on, no one from Applian will describe their own products?

emacee1701
09-09-2010, 04:20 AM
Are you recording audio or video? If audio, stay with RMC3.*.

Let's make a distinction between "capture" and "record." RMC3.* can capture audio from Flash-based web-players. The player downloads the file to a cache and RMC3 captures the file after it's downloaded. RMC4 lacks that capability and records programming as an audio stream.

If you want to listen and have something saved at the same time, recording is fine. If you want something recorded while you do something else, recording is OK, too. If you want selectively to pull down (or capture) audio (say for transfer to an mp3 player), downloading is a lot faster. If that's the case, stay with RMC3.*, RMC just records (and recording takes almost as long as the playing time of whatever it is you are recording). IMHO: RAV8 is a better and more versatile app for audio recording.

I have recorded video with RMC3 (haven't tried with RMC4). So far, I don't see anything RMC4 does that RMC3 does not - and things RMC4 does not do which I can do with RMC3.

Chanter58
09-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Well let me say this about RMC 4. I love the speed and the way it records much better that 3.11 did. You would have to try it to see what I mean. The screen is totally different and faster. I have downloaded on my laptop wireless connection 5 30 min movies at a time. :)

Jeff Lenney
09-11-2010, 03:01 PM
I am an owner of RMC 3.11 I have read a lot of posts on the forum and I am rather confused. Should I stick with RMC 3.11, upgrade to RMC 4, or buy WM Recorder (which has been promoted here in the forums by Applian staff) What is considered by the experts here to be "the best"?

It really depends what you're looking for - they're really 3 different programs.

RMC3 is GREAT for Recording Flash/RTMP Videos
WM Recorder is GREAT For Recording Windows Media/Real Player and SOME (more every update) Flash Files
and RMC4 is a bit of a hybrid of both - with a few bugs that are being worked on.

Specifically, what were you looking to record content wise? :)