PDA

View Full Version : Recordings have sections overlapping

beligerent.brit
08-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Hi all,

Newbie here and I had no idea how to entitle this problem. So, here goes. I've had A/V 8 for some time but recently I've noticed that, when I record 'replayed' radio programmes (ie, they aren't scheduled - don't know if that would make a difference), on each recording I seem to get one instance of a strange phenomenon.

Essentially, what seems to happen is that, during replay, a section of the programme plays (just a few seconds long), then it repeats itself, with the next section playing over the top - so, over and over again, you get the same two bits playing over each other; then it stops and carries on as normal. It's very odd.

Has anyone come across this before? Is there a way of stopping it? I've toyed with the idea of reloading the software, but I cannot see that this is the solution. Given that it's only started over the last three weeks or so, I'm wondering if it's some setting I've changed.

I should add that I'm using Windows 7; the original recordings (on the BBC web site) are fine - I've checked those; everything on A/V 8 seems to be working fine until I replay the programme. Normal playback (through the BBC web site) is all fine. It's certainly the A/V8 recording which is at fault.

Help!

Cheryl Wester
08-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Are you using audio or stream recording? Are you splitting the recording?

beligerent.brit
08-22-2010, 03:39 AM
Hi, and thanks for your response.

I'm using audio (replaying BBC radio iplayer programmes) through my line-in and, yes, I'm splitting recordings into tracks. That said, I've always done so and the problem only seems to be a recent one. Of course, I know it cannot just start happening, hence I figure I must have changed something, but I am damned if I can think of anything!

Thanks for your help, Cheryl.

Cheryl Wester
08-22-2010, 08:39 AM
When you split and use stream capture there is a small buffer that can create an overlap. It shouldn't happen with audio capture. Please submit a tech support ticket. Make sure you include your log file, what version of windows you are using, and all relevant information.

beligerent.brit
08-29-2010, 05:08 AM
Thanks, Cheryl, and sorry about the delay in my response (been away) - I've done as you requested.

All the best