PDA

View Full Version : To stop converting FLV to DVD_PAL when making DVD's

Sim
08-21-2010, 02:47 AM
Can anyone please help. I would like to convert all my flv recordings to a dvd-pal format, so I do not have to go though the conversion step every time I burn a new dvd, also how to stop conversion when burning a dvd.

Cheryl Wester
08-21-2010, 06:10 AM
In order to burn a DVD it has to be in the correct format so it will need to be converted. If you don't wawnt to convert when burning load the file into the converter. Right mouse click the file and select to not convert.

Sim
08-22-2010, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the help could you also please tell me the best format to convert to so I can make a dvd to play on most dvd players.

Cheryl Wester
08-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Each DVD Player is different. Most of the newer ones use either MPEG 2-NTSC or MPEG 2 PAL

stream-recorder.com
08-22-2010, 11:31 AM
The majority of DVD players support MPEG-2 videos. But they are not just .MPG files burnt onto a DVD. You need to create a DVD-Video disc if you want it to be supported by the majority of players. Such a disc has the VIDEO_TS folder, where you can find .VOB, .IFO, .BUP files (with videos, menus,...).

Newer DVD Player may support some other formats and video codecs including MPEG-4, MPEG-4 AVC (h.264), DivX, Xvid, .MP4, .MKV, .AVI. Please refer to the user guide of your DVD player to learn about supported formats.

Also please note that you can play most files from your network using a network media player. And if your TV is DLNA certified, you can connect it to your LAN and watch video from your computer (you will need DLNA server software to be installed for that).