PDA

View Full Version : RMC 4 fails to record BBC iPlayer streams

stream-recorder.com
07-27-2010, 09:22 PM
I tried the following stream in RMC 4.0.4:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00t26t2

It works fine when using RTMP recording mode....

stream-recorder.com
07-28-2010, 02:46 AM
I've tried find out more about BBC streams. They seem to start using port 80 for RTMP. Sample part of rtmp:// stream URL:

rtmp://bbcmedia.fcod.llnwd.net:80

Since RMC 4 monitors RTMP protocol from ports 1935 and 443 by default, sometimes BBC streams are not detected. To solve this, you need to remove "Port 80 - HTTP" in "Tools" -> "Settings" -> "Ports to monitor". Then add "Port 80 - RTMP" and RMC 4 shouldn't have problems downloading from BBC.
Note that to download HTTP streams, you will need to reverse the changes.

riv-dogg
07-28-2010, 03:54 AM
This all sounds a bit tricky - can't the software be patched to fix this?

stream-recorder.com
08-01-2010, 06:36 AM
This all sounds a bit tricky - can't the software be patched to fix this?
AFAIK when you use "Port 80 - HTTP", RMC 4 monitors other protocols as well. "Port 80 - HTTP" allowed me to download rtmp:// BBC streams that use port 80. I've sent my logs to the developer, so hopefully we will see whether anything needs to be fixed, improved or not.

user1
08-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Could this be the same problem as as answered in my post 'RMC total waste of time with BBC iplayer!!'. I too have been able to record some things from the BBC but not everything. Eg some eps of top gear are good but no chance with Sherlock.

riv-dogg
08-08-2010, 06:59 AM
I am still recording BBC streams OK (in the UK) using these methods

RMC4 - Doesn't work with iplayer at all really -It will download radio, but only in realtime - Forget TV it trys to record, but keeps failing (iplayer now requests lower res streams if it is having trouble, and this results in a mess of incomplete files)
RMC3.11 - Works perfectly with radio- you get flv files which convert to mp3 just fine
RMC3.11 - has real trouble with TV, but will usually get the stream in the end if you keep pressing reload page in the browser to start the stream up again.
Reply AV8 - works perfectly for radio using the method in the tutorial on the Applian site which makes use of the third party iplayer converter site. It reveals URLs which RAV downloads just fine.

I am sure there are good things about RMC4 -, but if you are a BBC fan it is giant step backwards! (note to Applian - you really need to sort this out!)

stream-recorder.com
08-11-2010, 11:15 PM
AFAIK when you use "Port 80 - HTTP", RMC 4 monitors other protocols as well. "Port 80 - HTTP" allowed me to download rtmp:// BBC streams that use port 80. I've sent my logs to the developer, so hopefully we will see whether anything needs to be fixed, improved or not.
The problems with port 80, BBC naming and super download seems to be fixed in RMC 4.0.6 beta.

myersph
08-12-2010, 12:42 AM
The problems with port 80, BBC naming and super download seems to be fixed in RMC 4.0.6 beta.

What is the link to try the 4.0.6 beta?

stream-recorder.com
08-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Here are the links to the beta
http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/Applian/rmc/4.0.6.0/RCATSetup4.exe
http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/Applian/rmc/4.0.6.0/RCATSetup4-x64.exe

So far I have seen only positive feedback about BBC naming, port 80 and super download. Applian, keep up great work!

Please test it and report back.

riv-dogg
08-14-2010, 02:00 AM
4.06 beta seems to be downloading iplayer radio just fine - nice and fast, correct tagging and conversions.

I am getting a 'newer version warning' each time I launch the app.(bug?)

TV recording is stilll problematic as I think iplayer sometimes switches to lower res streams if it having bandwidth issues - so you can get partial recordings.

RMC 3.11 will usually still download TV if you keep refreshing the browser page to re-start the stream- but you need to be patient

Anyway I personally use this for radio and this seems to be sorted - good work!