PDA

View Full Version : Web Stream Dumper in RMC4: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

curlygeek
08-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi,

I have just upgraded but now a site that relied on the Web Stream Dumper in RMC3 doesn't record. How can I turn this option on?

curlygeek
08-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Actually, I have tried some other pages like youtube.com and nothing other than audio is recording. This was the same in RMC3 until I checked the Web Stream Dumper box which I needed to be able to record anything (including youtube). I thought RMC was able to record youtube without any extra settings? The old version can still record using the Web Stream Dumper but it seems a waste of money to upgrade if the new version can't record anything other than audio.

WMRecorder
08-08-2010, 07:53 PM
The stream dumper LOOPBACK will be added soon to WM Recorder. You can download a pre-release version from www.wmrecorderpro.com/install_loop_only.exe

stream-recorder.com
08-10-2010, 02:13 PM
I have just upgraded but now a site that relied on the Web Stream Dumper in RMC3 doesn't record. How can I turn this option on?
RMC 4 has similar features that can be used not only with HTTP streams as it was with RMC 3, but also with RTMP streams. Just go to the Settings -> HTTP Download Tweaks and add web-sites that you want to record from (instead of downloading). Also go to Settings -> RTMP Download Tweak to enable RTMP recording (instead of RTMP downloading). See the User Guide for more:
http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/user_guide4.php#settings

curlygeek
08-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Also go to Settings -> RTMP Download Tweak to enable RTMP recording (instead of RTMP downloading). See the User Guide for more:
http://www.applian.com/replay-media-...4.php#settings

Thanks, but none of those suggestions helped and I haven't been able to capture anything, not even youtube - back to RMC3 for me I as it is still working correctly.

curlygeek
08-10-2010, 06:24 PM
I have now added port 8080 to the "Ports to monitor" and it has started trying to catch files from youtube and other sites, but it keeps saying "Complete with errors". The error is as follows:

Recording of http://v1.lscache5.c.youtube.comhttp://v1.lscache5.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?ip=0.0.0.0&sparams=id%2Cexpire%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Citag%2Calgorit hm%2Cburst%2Cfactor%2Coc%3AU0dXRlVMUV9FSkNNN19NRlV H&fexp=900505%2C903201&algorithm=throttle-factor&itag=34&ipbits=0&burst=40&sver=3&expire=1281513600&key=yt1&signature=5CA1A09A0C170317120A1507B5F6D5F764BC7ACA .950665588C4478795AB58C0B7E8625E8CD5DBD7C&factor=1.25&id=3042683d79b05401
Download file: videoplayback.flv
Started at: 11/08/2010 1:10 p.m.
Queued for downloading
Starting HTTP download ...
Detecting file name ...
Detecting file name from page title ...
File name detection complete
Requesting download details ...
The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
Detecting file name from tags ...
No title tag could be extracted
File name detection complete
Performing extended title search
Performing extended title search ..
Performing extended title search ....
Performing extended title search ......
Performing extended title search ........
No extended title was found.
Complete with errors. Double click to view.

RMC 3.11 works correctly. There must be some sort of solution to make use of the money spent on this upgrade? Another post on proxy settings says that if IE settings are correct then it should work, but IE is working fine and it still doesn't work in this new version. I have tried a range of browsers including Firefox, IE and Opera and none of them work. I can even run both RMC3 and RMC4 concurrently and one works while the other doesn't.

stream-recorder.com
08-10-2010, 11:02 PM
The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
Another post on proxy settings says that if IE settings are correct then it should work, but IE is working fine and it still doesn't work in this new version.
What kind of Proxy do you use? Does it require authentication?

stream-recorder.com
08-11-2010, 01:06 AM
It seems like Proxies with authentication are supported by RMC 4...

I would recommend to open a support ticket and send your log file:

Start RMC 4
Don't start Recording
Go to Help > About and expand Support. Check Debug Mode and hit OK.
Start Recording
Go to the website and start watching in your browser. Wait until RMC picks up a URL and starts downloading. This should be within the first few seconds of the video/music playing.
Stop Recording
Go to Help > About and expand Support. Then click the "email logs to support" link.
Send the logs to support

stream-recorder.com
08-11-2010, 10:20 AM
I've got some tips from developer.

If you use SSL proxy, then all traffic is encrypted, so you won't be able to download.

Also go to the settings and make sure that the port used by your proxy is monitored by RMC 4.

But you will be able to capture packets from flash player even if you can't download such streams. For YouTube go to Tools -> Settings -> HTTP Tweaks -> "Streaming media from the following secure sites will be recorded not downloaded" and add "youtube.com/flv" to the list.

Let us know whether it works for you.

curlygeek
08-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Also go to the settings and make sure that the port used by your proxy is monitored by RMC 4.

I had already tried that and it doesn't make any difference

But you will be able to capture packets from flash player even if you can't download such streams. For YouTube go to Tools -> Settings -> HTTP Tweaks -> "Streaming media from the following secure sites will be recorded not downloaded" and add "youtube.com/flv" to the list.

That worked but is unusable as it took a very long time just to get a 25 second clip. Also, it doesn't work for any other sites I tried even though I had already added the sites that RMC3 can capture from.

Don't worry, I will stick with RMC3, it is just disappointing that you have changed something that was working. I was hoping that RMC4 would only concentrate on fixing the few bugs the previous version had rather than reinventing the wheel (and making it square this time).

stream-recorder.com
08-11-2010, 11:08 PM
I wonder whether your proxy settings are correct. Could you try to use them in Firefox and see whether the Firefox with these settings can access Internet or not?

Also what kind of proxy server do you use (HTTP, HTTPS, SOCKS)?

Debbie McCormick
08-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Replay Media Catcher 4 uses the proxy settings from IE. So make sure those are correct.