PDA

View Full Version : automatic reconnect for live streams

happ
08-07-2010, 11:27 PM
i am trying to record a live stream from sites like justin or ustream or whatever

if it dies because of internet connection failure or something, i want to try to immediately reconnect and continue recording automatically and record to a new file (file(2).flv file(3).flv ..... )

is this possible with v3?

currently it just dies and I miss the live recording unless I sit there and babysit the recording

WMRecorder
08-08-2010, 08:13 PM
The program LOOPBACK will be added soon to WM Recorder and can be used to download Justin.tv and similar web sites. You can download a pre-release version from www.wmrecorderpro.com/install_loop_only.exe

stream-recorder.com
08-10-2010, 02:15 PM
For recording from Justin.TV, Ustream.TV with RMC 4:
go to Settings -> RTMP Download Tweak to enable RTMP recording (instead of RTMP downloading). See the User Guide for more:
http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/user_guide4.php#settings
Let me know if it works for you.

happ
08-10-2010, 09:03 PM
I will ask again.

I am using v3.

I want to record a LIVE Stream and reconnect if it disconnects. It currently records to an FLV file fine.

Example: recording dies after 4 hours. I want stream recorder to try to RECONNECT and continue! recording to a new file. Forever. and Ever. And Ever. It is LIVE.

Currently it just dies and does not reconnect to continue recording.

stream-recorder.com
08-10-2010, 10:34 PM
RMC 4 has been released, so I don't think there will be any improvements in RMC 3.x