PDA

View Full Version : Activation Code Error

finbarrd
08-04-2010, 03:19 AM
After using Replay AV8 for YEARS, I suddenly get the message "Activation Code Error. Unable to Start Recording. Please click the Upgrade Button and re-enter your registration code."

Well I can't find an upgrade button, but when I select Help / Enter Activation Code and enter my code, I get the message "Thanks. Your Code is Accepted". But next time I try to record, I get the same message!

Now, after repeatedly entering the Activation Code, I get the message that my code has been entered more than five times and to contact support.

Any idea why RAV8 would suddenly refuse to work because it thinks it needs an activation code?

DavidFuller
08-04-2010, 03:36 AM
Hi

I'm getting the same message here.

I've used the 'remove my activation code tool' and then re-entered my latest code, but still the same problem.

Trying to find a way of contacting support and ended up here.

David

cgiordano
08-04-2010, 03:40 AM
I'm seeing this behavior too. :(

bdc12980
08-04-2010, 04:26 AM
I'm getting this as well. I also tried several times to enter my activation code and am now over the 5-time limit.

sheffred
08-04-2010, 04:32 AM
Same Here.

I wonder if it has to do with the latest windows 7 update, which automatically occured last night?

jpkovacic
08-04-2010, 04:39 AM
You can count me in on this problem. Noticed the program stopped recording this morning. Got the same Activation Code Error. Tried downgrading to a prior version of Replay AV. That did not work. Hope Applian provides a fix for this soon.

jpkovacic
08-04-2010, 04:42 AM
I'm currently running Replay AV 8.81b on a Windows Server 2003 Standard operating system. So the problem is occurring beyond Windows 7.

bwlogin
08-04-2010, 04:44 AM
Same here. What a pain. I have a Windows Server 2003 and I also got a 'forced' Windows Automatic update yesterday, but Replay AV ran just fine yesterday so I'm not sure that is the cause. Please fix this Applian!

daveg_1
08-04-2010, 04:56 AM
I too am having this error and I purchased an Upgrade code being led to believe that my original serial number was out of date.. Can someone help please?? Can I get a refund for the Upgrade code purchase??

tigercat74
08-04-2010, 05:04 AM
Having same problem with windows vista.

CharlieSummers
08-04-2010, 05:29 AM
Add another one who missed a scheduled recording because of this, this time on an XP machine I dedicated to downloading audio. Clearly Applian is mucking with their copy-protection stuff causing some serious problems for their users.

I am able to "Tune to station," but not record. Other than the recording I missed this morning (an XM program), I can use freeware to catch the Shoutcast streams I normally record. But this _really_ needs to be fixed by tomorrow morning...

edadks
08-04-2010, 05:33 AM
I've also just missed a recording for the same reason. I re-enter my activation code and it says all is well, but I still can't record.

Using XP pro with no recent major changes made other than the usual Windows Updates.

E

CharlieSummers
08-04-2010, 05:47 AM
The log files list:

"Wed Aug 4 7:56:05 AM This registration code was returned as invalid or deactivated: RMCxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxx"

Can't be a local problem; looks like the "phone home" routines that are supposed to copy-protect the programs failed big-time. I wonder if the the only copies of the program that are currently working are the illegal ones...boy, _that_ would be ironic.

Kurto2021
08-04-2010, 06:07 AM
Count me in on this...been using it since replay radio v5 I believe. XP machine legitimate key getting the same error.

tdrobbs
08-04-2010, 06:20 AM
Me too! Been using Repay AV for 3 years with no problems.

XP Pro & Replay AV 8.81. Very stable computer with no changes for weeks. It accepts my activation code then pukes the error:

Activation code error. Unable to start recording.
Please click the Upgrade button and re-enter your registration code.

I’ll bet one of their servers or data bases crashed.

PebsUK
08-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Me as well!!

KCJohnGalt
08-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Same problem here - uninstalled all Applian products, reinstalled, same problem with code being valid but software refusing to record and never displays an update button. I'm sending in a report now to their tech support.

By the way, here's the key part of the product's log from today that shows the error - it's odd since my code is accepted under the Help option that allows you to enter the activation code:

Wed Aug 4 8:25:33 AM Looking for registration code in HKCU/ Software\Replay AV 8
Wed Aug 4 8:25:34 AM This registration code was returned as invalid or deactivated: (removed for privacy of course!)

I'm running Windows XP Pro 2002 Service Pack 3.

Update: Here's the ticket I just sent to them - I included as required today's log file for the product for their debugging:

I'm running Windows XP Pro 2002 Service Pack 3, and I just got the following error code today running my existing copy of AV Replay:

"Activation code error. Unable to start recording."

"Please click the Upgrade button and re-enter your registration code."

There IS no Upgrade button, but I re-entered my activation code using the option under the Help menu and it had no effect even after closing the application and finally re-booting. I was able to tune to a station, I just couldn't record.

I checked your current Update version for Replay and noticed it was more current, so I unistalled everything on my PC related to it, downloaded the update, re-booted and installed all associated products included in the download. However, the exact same problem occurs.

I'm not the only one having the problem and Windows XP Pro is not the only OS with this problem - here's a link to the thread in the user forum:

https://forum.applian.com//showthread.php?5401-Activation-Code-Error

Please let me know what the problem is and when it will be fixed - thank you.

MyRosie
08-04-2010, 07:08 AM
Me too! Can someone please tell us what is going on?

Cheryl Wester
08-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Thanks. We are aware of this issue and looking into it. It is a high priority. I would suggest you check every few hours to see if it is working for you. We appreciate your patience with this.

MyRosie
08-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Do we have to wait for an upgrade or will it just start working? I have the latest update to av8

MyRosie
08-04-2010, 07:33 AM
It says "I have used my code too much, or something like that" Will that go away when it gets fixed? the first time i tried to reactive it worked, but now when i try it says I have used it too much?

LTA
08-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Hi!

This seems to be a widespread problem. Technical support are on to it and hope to have a fix within a few hours. hang in there :-)

MyRosie
08-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Thank you. Please post the instructions here so it can be easy for us to know what to do. Like if we have to put our code back in? Or download and upgrade...etc. thanks

kh6gmp
08-04-2010, 08:15 AM
On my XP machine, all was OK yesterday, then after I did the windows update is when the problem appeared.

edadks
08-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Ok, it's now fixed over here.

Maybe last night's magnetic storm got to their server!

E

MyRosie
08-04-2010, 08:53 AM
did you have to put your activation code in? or did it just start working?

tdrobbs
08-04-2010, 08:53 AM
11:52 am EST and I can record once again.

Thanks

MyRosie
08-04-2010, 08:57 AM
thank you support team for the fix. Way to go! Your work is very much appreciated!

CharlieSummers
08-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Confirmed, it appears to be fixed. Urge Customer Service to reset everyone's five-strikes account.

<soapbox>And this is a perfect example of why draconian copy protection only hurts legitimate users, not the software pirates who patch around the checks anyway.</soapbox>

fligster
08-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Confirmed, it appears to be fixed. Urge Customer Service to reset everyone's five-strikes account.

I agree about resetting everyones account. My code is locked out, sent an email to customer service, hopefully it will be reset soon.

fligster
08-04-2010, 02:17 PM
I agree about resetting everyones account. My code is locked out, sent an email to customer service, hopefully it will be reset soon.

Customer Service was very quick and has already reset my account.

Greasy Gus
08-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Looks like the problem is fixed. Good work, guys!