PDA

View Full Version : msn videos made RMC 4 act crazy

blazegmc
08-03-2010, 02:53 AM
wellll, i kind of guesed it wouldnt work, BUT sometimes if you try things you get pleasantly suprised, as i just found out with hulu, but thats another story lol.

basically i went onto videos.uk.msn.com and attempted to download a copy of the classic bbc comedy bottom, as im trying to get all the episodes....

i thought it would be protected, but thought id try it ,and sure enough it come up with COMPLETED WITH ERRORS, but then it started redownloading, and it did this in over 23 different parts, like download for 2seconds,completed, then the same again and again and again... there was NO way of stopping it other than going into task manager, i ended up with 23 things in my download folder that couldnt play..

heres the link of the video, i would be intrested to see if anyone else has the same experience
http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/carnival/12g4rxh0f

good job i know about ending processes, otherwise id probably still be there now with thousands of useless downloads to delete.

stream-recorder.com
11-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Replay Media Catcher 4.0.17 supports Smooth Streaming MajorVersion 2. Try to download MSN videos with it. It works fine for me.

blazegmc
11-21-2010, 02:19 PM
this post was posted so long ago i nearly forgot about it lol.....

just tried it with the latest version of RMC 4 and am glad to say it works fine....

thanks for letting me know, i wouldnt have bothered checking it again if you hadnt. lol

Jeff Lenney
11-21-2010, 11:37 PM
this post was posted so long ago i nearly forgot about it lol.....

just tried it with the latest version of RMC 4 and am glad to say it works fine....

thanks for letting me know, i wouldnt have bothered checking it again if you hadnt. lol

Thanks for your follow up! :)