PDA

View Full Version : too many bugs in replay media catcher 4: problems with always on top, adding secure sites, stagevu, no sounds on completion

blazegmc
07-18-2010, 08:07 AM
i updated to version 4 yesterday, and while it looks better and seems to be faster theres quite a few annoying little things with it

1.even though i got always stay on top enabled, sometimes it totally vanishes, even from the bottom bar, and the only way to get it on screen is to try and open it again and make the allready open message come up with the running version,,,

2.the ADD secure sites tweak doesnt work, just opens an empty box.

3.theres no noise to let you know recording has finished.

4.trying to record of stagevu throws up error messages after segment 1, changing segments doesnt alter this.. the old RMC still works fine on stagevu.

basically, as it stands, i wish i hadnt updated ,because the old version seems so much better and the new one seems to not record from half the sites the old one did. ive alwys liked your products and recommend them to many people, so i hope you can get this one sorted out...

stream-recorder.com
07-19-2010, 05:56 AM
1.even though i got always stay on top enabled, sometimes it totally vanishes, even from the bottom bar, and the only way to get it on screen is to try and open it again and make the allready open message come up with the running version
RMC has an icon in the System Tray.

basically, as it stands, i wish i hadnt updated ,because the old version seems so much better and the new one seems to not record from half the sites the old one did. ive alwys liked your products and recommend them to many people, so i hope you can get this one sorted out...
You can use both versions after upgrading.

What web-sites exactly were working in RMC 3.x that doesn't work in RMC 4?

Freddy
07-19-2010, 07:15 AM
www.xritephoto.com - then go to Training / Webinar

stream-recorder.com
07-19-2010, 10:24 AM
trying to record of stagevu throws up error messages after segment 1, changing segments doesnt alter this.. the old RMC still works fine on stagevu.
Can't you just hit the Download button on the stagevu web-site itself? What video do you have problems with?

stream-recorder.com
07-19-2010, 10:25 AM
www.xritephoto.com - then go to Training / Webinar
Already answered in another thread.

The web-site uses simple progressive HTTP streams. Works fine in both RMC 3.11 and 4.x.
What kind of problem exactly do you have with it?

AndCycle
07-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Already answered in another thread.

The web-site uses simple progressive HTTP streams. Works fine in both RMC 3.11 and 4.x.

I guess it's bug in 4.0.2.0,
just upgrade to this version, it's so buggy that even can't capture youtube,
and there is no place to grab old version of v4 series to let me compare with,
guess there will be another update in few days

Freddy
07-20-2010, 08:15 AM

Hmm, try other of those videos. Some work fine with 4.x and others from the same site will not work.

Try this one please: http://www.xritephoto.com/ph_learning.aspx?action=webinarsarchive&eventid=714&eventdateid=4297

stream-recorder.com
07-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Hmm, try other of those videos. Some work fine with 4.x and others from the same site will not work.

Try this one please: http://www.xritephoto.com/ph_learning.aspx?action=webinarsarchive&eventid=714&eventdateid=4297
I see now. Can't download from this page with RMC 4, although this is a simple HTTP stream from Viddler and it can be perfectly downloaded with RMC 3.11.

stream-recorder.com
07-20-2010, 08:52 AM
I guess it's bug in 4.0.2.0,
just upgrade to this version, it's so buggy that even can't capture youtube,
Please post a particular URL. The ones that I have tried work fine for me.

blazegmc
07-24-2010, 07:34 AM
about the icon in the system tray---its too hit and miss .most of the time clicking it does nothing and replay media just totally vanishes frot the screen.

also, i know we can use the old version aswell as the new one. BUT isnt the point of PAYING to upgrade something, to make it better.???? so far the only think that seems better is the renaming, thats all i see anyone talking about, and im sorry, but i can rename things myself...

stagevu doesnt capture correctly, throws up denial errors
stickam doesnt capture correctly doesnt download mulitiple streams like the old version.
live streaming always seems to give the SECURE STREAM thing, even though the same stream was recording fine a few days before the RMC4 bug updates.
mega video doesnt even ATTEMPT downloading, like the program isnt even on. version 3 works fine

going on a website also captures too much rubbish before the stream even starts, version 3 didnt do this, only ads, which is understandable.

it may look better, and may have been rewritten, but basically, this version just needs too much messing about before you can even begin recording your stream.
in my opinion you guys would have been better off improving version 3 and sorting out the browser crashes rather than totally starting a new one, because by the time you get all these bugs half fixed, no doubt version 5 will be out.

ShadowtheDog
08-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I don't get it. Downloaded same file from Stagevu using RMC4 and RMC3 at the same time. RMC3 says, "6AF3D3CE_About Schmidt-Stagevu-Your View.avi" and RMC4 says, "yrrimjojmlop-avi.avi" RMC3 plays and seeks fine in DivX player but RMC4, when doing seek in DivX player reports "Corrupt File. Seeking functionality may be limited. This file appears to be corrupted. Seeking may be limited or behave unexpectedly." This happens all the time with RMC4 vs RMC3. BTW they are the latest versions, payed for and registered.