PDA

View Full Version : Problem playing Sirius recordings on my iPod

nv2227
07-17-2010, 05:17 PM
I installed Replay A/V and downloaded Sirius program, exported it to ITunes. it will play on my computer but not on my IPod.

What am I doing wrong?

thetalk
07-27-2010, 12:59 PM
You have to make sure ReplayAV is giving you an ".mp3" file. Not an ".asf" or something else. If you can't see the file extension, use Windows Explorer and pull down the menu "Tools" and then "Folder options". Select the "view" tab, then uncheck the "Hide extensions for known file types". Then you can see what extension your file has. You can download many different programs that will convert to different file types, such as Audacity or Goldwave.

Cheryl Wester
07-27-2010, 02:25 PM
You also do need to convert the file to a format that works with iTunes. For this I personally use mp3.

stream-recorder.com
07-27-2010, 09:05 PM
You can download many different programs that will convert to different file types, such as Audacity or Goldwave.
Replay AV can convert your recordings to MP3, M4B,... and add them to iTunes. Why would you download other programs?

thetalk
07-28-2010, 06:02 AM
I like the graphic interfaces of the other conversion programs. It allows me to edit out the commercials (Loud commercials with music clearly stick out from the talk portions of the waveform). And I can also control the sampling rate and the mono/stero of the mp3 file, which controls its size so I can fit more on my flash drive and carry to my work computer. I've also recently been using them to edit recordings to make my cellphone ringtones, and my car GPS voices.