PDA

View Full Version : Replay Converter/ Windows XP FFMPEG Error

rocketrix
07-17-2010, 08:01 AM
"ffmpeg has encountered a problem and needs to close." Audio file begins to convert, then I get the error message. Windows xp home edition. The file begins to convert but somewhere between about 20% to 90% I get the "ffmpeg has encountered a problem and needs to close".

I've tried to download the partially converted files to my ipod but I get an error message that says the file cannot be played on my ipod.

I've installed the latest version RPC.

The problem started about a month ago and it was intermittent. That is, from the same internet radio station using the same settings, I was able to record and convert some files. Sometimes when I got the error message, I was able to try converting again and be successful. I was even able to convert a file that I recorded this weekend from that same station. Other files that I recorded from that station from other times during this same weekend, I'm unable to convert. The settings are the same.

First I thought that the memory was maxed out and it was close to 100% when I converted files. So I ended some processes to free up some memory. That didn't work. I've tried rebooting and that didn't work. Could it be a Windows compatibility issue?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Jeff Lenney
07-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Hey there - sorry for the delay on this, would you do me a favor and Submit a Support ticket please with your log file? that will help us take a better look at your set up, and make suggestions as needed.

Thanks!