PDA

View Full Version : NEW Replay Media Catcher 4 - Now Available!!

Debbie McCormick
07-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Just released! Replay Media Catcher 4 (http://applian.com/download-videos/) has been totally re-vamped! It's more usable than ever, added support for some new hard-to-capture formats, added a cool new music and video search feature, integrated automatic format conversions right on the main screen, and a few more goodies.
http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/screenshots4/main_recording.jpg

Downloads more sites, and adds support for protocols that use unique one-time-only URL's.
Live Webcam sites now capture perfectly.
Select a conversion format right from the main screen, and have downloaded media automatically converted.
Recordings are organized by day/week.
New music and video search.
New scheduler for recording live media automatically.
New third-party plug-in architecture.

Current Replay Media Catcher owners can upgrade for a special price. The upgrade is just $9.95 if you purchased Replay Media Catcher before June 1, 2010, or March 15, 2010 if you bought the Replay Capture Suite. If you ordered afterwards, the upgrade is free, and you can continue to use your existing registration code.

Replay Media Catcher 3 and 4 can co-exist on the same computer. No need to uninstall version 3 if you'd like to keep it.

More upgrade info on the upgrade FAQ page (http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/upgrade4_faq.php).

We look forward to hearing your feedback on Replay Media Catcher 4.

emacee1701
08-03-2010, 12:24 PM
I already have a Replay Capture Suite subscription. Now I am being asked to buy an upgrade to Media Capture 4 on an a la carte basis. Does this mean each time an upgrade comes out to any of the program I have to buy a separate upgrade (at the individual upgrade price)?

I was curious to try Media Capture 4 but not if I have to install NET framework.

Holden_C
08-22-2010, 12:11 AM
This is a complete rip off, I already had Media Capture, when I started Director it suggested I update the software, now I only have a restricted version of Media Cature 4, the previous version which I've paid for has gone!

stream-recorder.com
08-22-2010, 02:39 AM
This is a complete rip off, I already had Media Capture, when I started Director it suggested I update the software, now I only have a restricted version of Media Cature 4, the previous version which I've paid for has gone!
If you don't want to pay for the upgrade, just download an old version from www.applian.com

Bootis
08-22-2010, 06:25 AM
The same thing happend to me.

Nowhere, duirng the upgrade process to version 4, are you adivised in advance that this will be a paid upgrade revison.

My previous paid version has been hijacked now and no longer usable on my machine. I no longer have a usable paid version of my software

When are software companies going to re-learn ethics standards and responsibility to loyal customers. This is an outrage and no way to conduct business.

Plese tell me where and how I can get my old software back that I paid you for.

You folks should be ashamed for implementing business practices like this. What were you people thinking?

Did you all use to work at Enron or GM?

Ethics in business: what has happended to this sacred principle. And we wonder why we are loosing jobs in this country to third world countries.

I typically do not resort to sarchasim in my on-line discussions, but for you I will make an exception.

Applian owes everyone an apology.

I am P.O. Big Time!

I already have a Replay Capture Suite subscription. Now I am being asked to buy an upgrade to Media Capture 4 on an a la carte basis. Does this mean each time an upgrade comes out to any of the program I have to buy a separate upgrade (at the individual upgrade price)?

I was curious to try Media Capture 4 but not if I have to install NET framework.

stream-recorder.com
08-22-2010, 06:34 AM
My previous paid version has been hijacked now and no longer usable on my machine. I no longer have a usable paid version of my earlier

When are software companies going to learn ethics standards and responsibility to loyal customers. This is an outrage

Plese tell me where and how I can get my old software back that I paid you for.
I don't know what you mean by hijacked previous version. You can uninstall the latest one and install your previous one again. The cost of the upgrade from v.3.11 to v.4 (as well as any other upgrades) can be found on the Applian web-site
http://www.applian.com/upgrade.php
Everything is very transparent. And RMC 3.11 can co-exist with RMC 4 without any problem.

While purchasing software you can order a backup CD from Applian (http://www.applian.com/upgrade_cd.php). Also you can store setup programs on your hard drive after downloading them. Besides you can download some older version from www.applian.com.

Scree
10-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Just upgraded to v4, having v3 but being without it for a long time on Win7x64 because it wouldn't catch what I wanted anymore. So I took the upgrade plunge hoping for the best, after being burned by a $9.95 WMRecorder upgrade that didn't work for me.

I must say, v4 is pretty remarkable (so far). Very well done improvements! One minor thing that bothered me was the unexpected installation of a kernel driver, since v3 did not use one. But as long as it doesn't cause trouble for the network and internet, the improved functionality of v4 is more than welcome.

OK, so on to the observations and suggestions...

- One time while I was simply resizing the main window (wasn't recording anything), I got an unhandled exception dialog. I was able to continue so I just exited the program before anything worse occurred. No big deal, but shouldn't have happened, of course.

- When the main window is minimized or hidden to the tray icon, right-clicking the tray icon for its menu always restores the main window too. I think this should not happen (and there should be a restore window command in the menu, besides left-clicking to restore the window).

- Every time the main window is restored from being minimized or hidden, it moves down-right a bit. Obviously that should not happen.

- There is a setting to prompt to record on program start. If you turn that off, the program will be in record mode. I would like the option to start opposite, that is no prompt and not set to record yet.

- I tried converting an .mp4 to avi, same quality. The conversion worked (file was OK), but at the end of the conversion process I got an error dialog saying something like "parameter cannot be null: path2" and an error entry was left in the main window list instead of the resulting .avi file.

- I would like to be able to record the max quality (1800k) from ESPN3.com videos, but the program always records only the 400k stream. There is an error entry in the main window list for each video level detected, will provide more info on request.

That's it so far! :)

chasgarrod
11-17-2010, 07:20 PM
I downloaded the update but I cannot find the install file, even whe I go into program files, MMC the details are not there, does anyone know what to do

stream-recorder.com
11-17-2010, 11:34 PM
I downloaded the update but I cannot find the install file, even whe I go into program files, MMC the details are not there, does anyone know what to do
Download another file and see its location. All downloads are usually placed into the same folder unless you change it.

Jebuy
11-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Do Not Recommend the 'Update' download ending in .17, released today 11/18/10--does not work. Had to do System Restore after several download attempts. Files are corrupted, at least for the 64 bit edition, and PC locks up preventing any "Cancel" conversion. Had to Force a shutdown x3. Stick with the present version you have if it's working.

Jeff Lenney
11-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Do Not Recommend the 'Update' download ending in .17, released today 11/18/10--does not work. Had to do System Restore after several download attempts. Files are corrupted, at least for the 64 bit edition, and PC locks up preventing any "Cancel" conversion. Had to Force a shutdown x3. Stick with the present version you have if it's working.

I use win 7 64 bit, my install was a bit slow - but it's working fine now that it's installed. Does the freeze up happen during recording, or installing or what exactly?

Thanks for clarifing!

IDODETAILS12
11-19-2010, 07:44 PM
after having tried to install on windows xp vista 64 and win 7 64 and all failed i am thinkin the problem is in the installer its self , i can install the update right before the one ending in 17 all day long and have no problems at all . any one else having the same install issue or is it only me ????

Jebuy
11-19-2010, 08:20 PM
IDO,

No, I don't believe you're the only one with the problem. My last post to this thread never got 'posted' and I think the adminstrator has some 'splainin' to do as Ricky would say to Lucy.

IDODETAILS12
11-19-2010, 08:23 PM
i think the whole problem is in the installer its self , if they were to double check it im sure they will find the problem, up until now this program has worked flawlessly for me so im sure they will correct it soon

Cheryl Wester
11-19-2010, 09:56 PM
I am using the latest version without a problem. I had a very smooth installation and it has been working on my 64 bit smoothly. If you do have an issue please do contact tech support to get some assistance.

KellyW
11-19-2010, 10:37 PM
I am having the same problem as Jebuy. I had no problems with any previous updates but this one did not load properly. It would freeze up every time I tried and now I can't use my media catcher at all. I also have a 64 bit computer and I use Vista. I sent in a tech report this afternoon but haven't heard anything yet. I think I may have to do a system restore to get it back.

Jeff Lenney
11-19-2010, 10:41 PM
I am having the same problem as Jebuy. I had no problems with any previous updates but this one did not load properly. It would freeze up every time I tried and now I can't use my media catcher at all. I also have a 64 bit computer and I use Vista. I sent in a tech report this afternoon but haven't heard anything yet. I think I may have to do a system restore to get it back.

We usually try to respond to ALL tech support inquiries within 12-24 hours. Also, it's 937pm when you're reporting this - so you may not hear from them until tomorrow. Thanks for hanging in there :)

dpfenninger
01-03-2011, 07:59 PM
- I would like to be able to record the max quality (1800k) from ESPN3.com videos, but the program always records only the 400k stream. There is an error entry in the main window list for each video level detected, will provide more info on request.

I, too, am looking to accomplish the same exact thing. Mine defaults most of the time to the 1200k stream, which isn't bad, but it would be nice to get the best possible stream. Anyone manage to figure this out yet?

stream-recorder.com
01-04-2011, 04:34 AM
I, too, am looking to accomplish the same exact thing. Mine defaults most of the time to the 1200k stream, which isn't bad, but it would be nice to get the best possible stream. Anyone manage to figure this out yet?
RMC 4 detects and records the stream that is being watched. If you can't watch higher quality streams, RMC won't detect them.

dpfenninger
01-04-2011, 08:37 AM
RMC 4 detects and records the stream that is being watched. If you can't watch higher quality streams, RMC won't detect them.

Well the problem seems to be that ESPN starts off the stream at a lower quality, and then dynamically adjusts it to a higher quality as you watch it. It eventually gets to the 1800k stream, but for at least the first 10-20 seconds or so, it almost always starts at the 400/800k level so that's what RMC seems to lock into. Any way to override that?

Jeff Lenney
01-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Well the problem seems to be that ESPN starts off the stream at a lower quality, and then dynamically adjusts it to a higher quality as you watch it. It eventually gets to the 1800k stream, but for at least the first 10-20 seconds or so, it almost always starts at the 400/800k level so that's what RMC seems to lock into. Any way to override that?

Not that I know of. It's possible they do that to discourage stream recording (http://applian.com/download-videos/) - but it's hard to say really. Stream-Recorder - any ideas on this?

emacee1701
01-24-2011, 09:00 AM
No problems but no real benefit either. I just wish I could stop getting prompts to "upgrade" when I use RMC3, which I still prefer.
My primary use of RMC3 is to download stories from NPR.org and transfer them to my smartphone/media player. With RMC4 downloads them as flash files - RMC3 as mp3 files (makes no sense). RMC4 gives them all the same file name - RMC3 keeps the actual file name.
On top of that, I sometimes try to use RMC to capture TV shows from the various network websites; Sometimes it will and sometimes it won't - but RMC4 does no better - doesn't work more often - than RMC3.
Applian didn't make it better and in some ways made it worse.
I still say they should have called it RMC Vista.

DALE31
05-21-2011, 12:25 AM
I installed media catcher 4. I went on to U-Tube to copy some video clips related to HDR photography. In the past I was able to download and convert these video clips. Lately, all I have been getting are error messages which says "Complete with errors. Double click to view." Any suggestions to correct this problem?

YouTube - ‪HDR Tutorial Photomatix Pro Part 3‬‏.mp4 This is one of the clips I tried to DL. Others had an flv extension.

stream-recorder.com
05-21-2011, 09:14 AM
I installed media catcher 4. I went on to U-Tube to copy some video clips related to HDR photography. In the past I was able to download and convert these video clips. Lately, all I have been getting are error messages which says "Complete with errors. Double click to view." Any suggestions to correct this problem?

& #8234;HDR Tutorial Photomatix Pro Part 3& #8236;& #8207;‬‏.mp4

This is one of the clips I tried to DL. Others had an flv extension.
The problem is caused by

‪& #8234;
and

& ‬‏& #8236;& #8207;‬‏
in the filename. It is fixed in RMC 4.2.3
https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?7084-Youtube-problem-Complete-with-errors.-Double-click-to-view

eddiestinson
06-06-2011, 12:19 PM
I wish to purchase a program which will download live streams and video recordings of WNBA women's basketball games.

topcat57
06-11-2011, 11:34 PM
I've been using the demo version of RMC 3.11 for a while and like it. I tried RMC 4 and hated it. Is it still possible to buy the full version of RMC 3.11?

ETA: For some reason it thinks I typed the word "is" twice. I didn't and can't edit it out.

stream-recorder.com
06-12-2011, 02:52 AM
Please correct me I'm wrong, but you should be able to use RMC 3.11 if you buy RMC 4.

Maid Marian
12-15-2011, 01:51 PM
"
6. New scheduler for recording live media automatically."

Please tell me how this works. I have tried it but am doing something wrong.
* Do I need to leave my browser open?
* Do I need to leave RMC4 "recording"
* Would you please give me an example of a "good" URL, like for CBS.com NCIS next available episode? Or will it do that?
* I would love to find out that I can have it schedule to record the next episode for my fav TV shows on ABC, CBS etc. without me having to be present. Like the shows usually show on TV one day and then are available on the internet the next day. I sometimes don't get a chance to watch until the weekends and sometimes have limited time on PC.
Would love to have it auto copy the day after at anytime. I set it for CBS Unforgettable with the next episode's name in
URL and made another schedule without the name. This morning it said "Complete" on both but couldn't find any copy anywhere. OKEY DOKEY... Any help appreciated...

juanlfm
12-17-2011, 01:44 AM
So many questions. Might be better to have a look at the various video and written How To pages http://www.applian.com/support-videos.php

vaudkid
04-09-2012, 11:10 PM
In the past week my media catcher alerted me to a new version (4410). I had purchased the entire suite some time ago and once in a while, rather than going directly to the app I need, I use director so I can see immediately if any new releases are available. I had written Applian during the update process of these last 4 apps to express my disappointment regarding the update process. The previous process of having to uninstall the old version and install the new version manually was tedious and time consuming and I generally ended up having to do this at a time when I needed a particular app. This meant that my productivity process was shot until I got the upgrades done. The reason I am writing this is to let you know how much I appreciate your new installation/upgrade program which I just used to update media catcher 4410. Awesome! It went smoothly and very quickly! Impressive! I hope you are updating all of your upgrade programs or can use this same one for upgrading any or all of the different apps in the suite. Thanks a bunch! Keep up the good work. Vaudkid

Jeff Lenney
04-10-2012, 10:03 PM
In the past week my media catcher alerted me to a new version (4410). I had purchased the entire suite some time ago and once in a while, rather than going directly to the app I need, I use director so I can see immediately if any new releases are available. I had written Applian during the update process of these last 4 apps to express my disappointment regarding the update process. The previous process of having to uninstall the old version and install the new version manually was tedious and time consuming and I generally ended up having to do this at a time when I needed a particular app. This meant that my productivity process was shot until I got the upgrades done. The reason I am writing this is to let you know how much I appreciate your new installation/upgrade program which I just used to update media catcher 4410. Awesome! It went smoothly and very quickly! Impressive! I hope you are updating all of your upgrade programs or can use this same one for upgrading any or all of the different apps in the suite. Thanks a bunch! Keep up the good work. Vaudkid

Thanks so much, we're quite happy with it too and it's nice to hear this type of feedback :-)

jjlad
06-10-2012, 07:30 AM
i have Freecorder now ...if I get Replay Median Catcher 4 is there any point in keeping Freecorder?