PDA

View Full Version : RMC freezes when about to finish downloads...

Dvdveeken
07-11-2010, 05:37 AM
Hi,

I have the full version and have this problem since early this morning. Yesterday everything was still o.k., but today when the recording is about to finish and you get that small magnifying glass right before you ought to get the green V (indicating the download is complete and ready) RMC freezes...
I have to exit and restart the program (and thus can't get the video's I need from the internet) to try again. But whatever I do, I fail...

Whats up with that? I have tried everything (re-install, registry removal)

Any ideas??
:confused:

Thanks!

endyr
07-11-2010, 06:33 AM
Hi,

I have the full version and have this problem since early this morning. Yesterday everything was still o.k., but today when the recording is about to finish and you get that small magnifying glass right before you ought to get the green V (indicating the download is complete and ready) RMC freezes...
I have to exit and restart the program (and thus can't get the video's I need from the internet) to try again. But whatever I do, I fail...

Any ideas??

Thanks!

Strangely, I am having the exact same problem. The RMC has worked perfectly for months, but just starting a few hours ago, it crashes as it tries to save a file. I uninstalled and then I reinstalled the progrram, but the problem did not go away. I am using Firefox 3.6.3 and Windows VISTA Home Premium 32 bit.

rcheliguy
07-11-2010, 06:48 AM
Strangely, I am having the exact same problem. The RMC has worked perfectly for months, but just starting a few hours ago, it crashes as it tries to save a file. I uninstalled and then I reinstalled the progrram, but the problem did not go away. I am using Firefox 3.6.3 and Windows VISTA Home Premium 32 bit.

When yours crashes, is the error caused by the MusicDNSLib.dll module? Mine started doing that earlier this morning and I posted a thread on it as well.

mkw85
07-11-2010, 07:02 AM
i have same problem RMC crashes when it tries to save a file. was working fine yesterday

endyr
07-11-2010, 07:31 AM
When yours crashes, is the error caused by the MusicDNSLib.dll module? Mine started doing that earlier this morning and I posted a thread on it as well.

Yes that's the error message that I am getting too. There seems to be some problem with the MusicDNSLib.dll module.

jlew
07-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Yes that's the error message that I am getting too. There seems to be some problem with the MusicDNSLib.dll module.

I also am getting this problem starting today. Running Windows 7 64 bit. Downloaded and installed the latest RMC 3.11b and still the same issue.

SFi
07-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Same problem here - full version. Seems like it starts recording and then crashes when looking up the name. Vista-64 Bit. Worked fine for weeks.

rcheliguy
07-11-2010, 09:04 AM
I also am getting this problem starting today. Running Windows 7 64 bit. Downloaded and installed the latest RMC 3.11b and still the same issue.

Hmm...so it looks like it's not just me with that error. I wonder if Applian pushed an update to that module that's causing all these problems.

saroman
07-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Same problem here with Google Chrome 5.0 on a Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit system, although the downloaded file is saved prior to the crash and is playable. However, after the crash Chrome locks up as well.

rkanyc
07-11-2010, 11:11 AM
I have the same problem - also since just a few hours ago. I downloaded the latest version and that didn't help. I discovered that if I turn off the automatic lookup, tag and rename function the crashes stop.

slinger69
07-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Same problem as you are all having, I'm using Firefox 3.66, XP SP3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled program. Nothing has changed. When uninstalling the program it wasn't able to remove the gopher.dll as it was supposedly still in use by another program. After renaming it and rebooting I was able to remove the dll. Reinstalled program and same problem surfaced again. Error report also listed problem with MusicDNSLib.dll.

tonyb
07-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Also having this problem since this morning, yesterday everything was fine.

brookejp
07-11-2010, 12:32 PM
me too guys
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 11/07/2010 20:16:25
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: D37613.ukdatanet.net
Description:
Faulting application name: MediaCatcher.exe, version: 3.11.0.0, time stamp: 0x4abbb04b
Faulting module name: MusicDNSLib.dll, version: 1.9.0.0, time stamp: 0x4a4bd8a5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000365d
Faulting process id: 0xb74
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb2129e336b108
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Replay Media Catcher\MediaCatcher.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Replay Media Catcher\MusicDNSLib.dll
Report Id: cbe70421-8d20-11df-b7db-6cf049560ff6

is there any news on this? has anybody contacted them about it?

JohnB
07-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Same problem with me began today using BBC iplayer whether using Firefox or I Explorer. Turning off auto lookup etc worked for me. Recording iplayer radio programs did not seem to be a problem initially but when it saved it did not give a name and crashed RMC. Could be a change to iplayer? Is the problem still there when downloading from other sources?

rcheliguy
07-11-2010, 02:31 PM
I have the same problem - also since just a few hours ago. I downloaded the latest version and that didn't help. I discovered that if I turn off the automatic lookup, tag and rename function the crashes stop.

Just wanted to add that turning off that automatic lookup, tag and rename function stops the crashes from happening. It's a workaround but the main issue still has to be fixed.

dhogan
07-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Hi,

Any ideas??

Thanks!

I am having the same problem also. RMC starts to download a file and it crashes. We should get what we paid for. The problem never did this in the past. Ever since that upgrade to 3.11B it has been having this problem.

Dvdveeken
07-11-2010, 04:34 PM
I have contacted them about the problem and (I assume) they are looking into it.
Hopefully we'll have news soon!

Just wanted to add that turning off that automatic lookup, tag and rename function stops the crashes from happening. It's a workaround but the main issue still has to be fixed

Where can I turn these off? Probably overlooking them somewhere... :p

ShadowtheDog
07-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Getting same error with RMC. It was working fine for a long time but got app error last couple days. Upgraded to 3.11B but same app error:
"MediaCathcer.exe - Application Error. The Instructions at "0X1000365d" referenced memory at "0X00000000" the meory could not be read."
Error signature: AppName: mediacathcer.exe AppVer: 3.11.0.0 ModName: musicdnslib.dll ModVer: 1.9.0.0 Offset 000365d.
I have no idea what's going on. It was working fine last 4 months. Now this. Is applian working on this?

Haftaway
07-11-2010, 08:05 PM
I too am having the same problem, I have the full version and have been using this program for quite a while and it has worked flawlessly. Starting probably yesterday when I click on record, firefox and google chrome both crash and Replay Media Catcher stops working.

rcheliguy
07-11-2010, 08:28 PM
I have contacted them about the problem and (I assume) they are looking into it.
Hopefully we'll have news soon!

Where can I turn these off? Probably overlooking them somewhere... :p

If you haven't found it yet, it's under Tools -> Settings; then uncheck the box that says "Lookup, tag and rename files automatically"

JohnB
07-12-2010, 12:39 AM
Applian Tech Support state that the problem is out of their hands on their technical support page for RMC.
It reads ...

>>Replay Media Catcher Technical Support
July 11, 2010: Replay Media Catcher 3 is experiencing frequent crashes while recording. This temporary issue is related to problems with the AmpliFIND Music Service (music lookup and tagging database). Until they resolve their issue please turn off automatic tagging in Replay Media Catcher 3. This will stop the crashes. Please see this FAQ for easy instructions. <<

and elsewhere ...

>>FAQ and Troubleshooter - Replay Media Catcher
Replay Media Catcher 3 suddenly started crashing on 7/11/2009. Why?
Replay Media Catcher 3 is experiencing frequent crashes while recording. This temporary issue is related to changes made by the AmpliFIND Music Service (music lookup and tagging database). Until they resolve their issue please turn off automatic tagging in Replay Media Catcher 3. This will stop the crashes.<<

Looks like this is a system that RMC uses as do other services according to the AmpliFIND site.

No point in chasing Applian then. One day to wait? One week? One month? Who knows.

Cheryl Wester
07-12-2010, 09:13 AM
We are aware of the issue and it is being worked on. We hope to have it resolved by the end of the day. Thanks for your patience as it is being worked on.

Shellie Heggenberger
07-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Replay Media Catcher 3 is experiencing frequent crashes while recording. This temporary issue is related to changes made by the AmpliFIND Music Service (music lookup and tagging database). Until they resolve their issue please turn off automatic tagging in Replay Media Catcher 3. This will stop the crashes.

Please visit our FAQ page for full details:
http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/faq.php#amp