PDA

View Full Version : Instructions for uninstalling toolbar doesn't work for me

Gypsy63
07-06-2010, 11:27 PM
My Freecorder toolbar quit working about 2-3 weeks ago. I came here to find out what I could do about it. I posted on the first thread in reply about how Firefox 3.6.6 would not work with what I had, even though someone had posted it worked for them. After much research on this forum, I finally found the answer to my question that I needed to uninstall and then re-install all the appropriate parts of this toolbar. I printed out the directions and then followed them exactly as the directions stated. I uninstalled Replay Media Catcher first, then next I uninstalled Freecorder Toolbar and Freecorder Application--(I did not have my browser open either) and then rebooted. After the reboot, I opened up Firefox and the toolbar was still there. Next I went back to the Control Panel and checked the list and all of the programs were no longer listed. I then checked my program's list and they were not listed there either. I also checked the Task Manager and it did not show anything at all listed as FlvSrvc.exe--so I could not stop that process since it was not on the list. The only thing left in my Add/Remove program that I thought might have anything to do with all of this, was another Applian Technology program called, Applian Director 1.1, so I uninstalled it too--then rebooted and opened browser again--still had the toolbar. I have been going nuts trying to figure out what else to do. Just as I finished typing all of the above, I just did something accidentally & made a discovery. I right clicked on a clear spot on the toolbar and unchecked the "Freecorder" toolbar and it went away. Was this the whole problem all along? Did that really get rid of the Freecorder toolbar or is it just hidden now? I am not going to reinstall anything until I hear back about an answer to my question.
Thanks for you patience and advice,
Sheila
Using Windows Vista Premium 32 Bit
Dell computer 64 Bit
Firefox 3.6.6