PDA

View Full Version : Getting the following error "The freecorder FLV service is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar"

boibig
07-03-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm using IE 8, windows xp and freecorder 4.01. Despite reinstalling multiple times, I keep getting the same message. Anyone encounter a similar problem?

mikertones
07-03-2010, 06:55 PM
YES ME TOO ? I JUST INSTALLED IT YESTERDAY 7-3-2010 AFTER I REPROGRAMED MY LAPTOP [] COMPLETLY,THIS IS MY FAVORITE PROGRAM TO HAVE ON MY LAPTOP ,I INSTALLED IT AND I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE SAME AS ABOVE USER-SO I REINSTALLED IT OVER AND OVER AND STILL DOES THE SAME THING WITH THE VIDEO RECORD OPTION,IM USING THE CURRENT FIREFOX WITH FREECORDER 4,PLEASE FIX THIS ...!!!PLEASE!!!!

stream-recorder.com
07-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Works fine in the latest Firefox. Just get a browser that is much much better than I.E.

Arshad
08-03-2010, 01:37 AM
I'm using IE 8, windows xp and freecorder 4.01. Despite reinstalling multiple times, I keep getting the same message. Anyone encounter a similar problem?

what should i do now?

pimaz
11-17-2010, 08:49 AM
After uninstalling and reinstalling a dozen or so times here is what I did to correct it. MS Security Essentials detects the file OCPromo.exe to be a threat and I would assume some of the other AV software does also. I uninstalled Freecorder 4 and MS Security Essential, downloaded and installed the Free ZoneAlarm firewall, reinstalled Freecorder 4, when ZoneAlarm asks if you want to allow OCPromo.exe to connect check allow. Reinstalled MS Security Essentials. It works great now. I am using XP on this machine and have not tried this on my Windows 7 machine or a Vista machine. Good Luck

WirelessNut
12-07-2010, 08:39 AM
After installing Freecorder 4 with no previous version installed on a Windows XP laptop on IE8, the installation gave no error or warning. When attempting to launch the Video History, you get "The "Freecorder FLV Service" is not running. Please reinstall the Freecorder toolbar." All actions taken with same error above:

Uninstalled using Revo, then reinstalled. At least three times.
Attempted to install in safe mode.
Cleaned all temp files, uninstalled using Revo Uninstaller, and re-installed.
Attempted to install in another user profile.
Reset IE8 to defaults.
Opened firewall ports for the flvsrvc.exe file.
Launching c:\program files\freecorder\flvsrvc.exe produced an error: "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect."
Disabled Anti-Malware and firewall and still same symptoms listed above.
None of these things helped.

This finally solved it for me:
I uninstalled freecorder again using Revo, cleaned up temp files, and performed all MS critical updates including compatibility view update for IE8.

Then I remembered that files can become corrupted on download, so I downloaded a fresh copy of the installation file and with anti-malware on, and firewall on, I installed and it ran successfully.

The video history tool now launches successfully.

If I had to do it all again, I'd unistall using Revo, clean the temp files, get the MS Updates including the compatability view update for IE8, and download a fresh copy of the installation file.

Good luck with yours.

bond-jamesbond
12-24-2010, 02:44 PM
This message ''The freecorder FLV service is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar'' all it means is u must launch C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FLVSrvc.exe first BEFORE u record ur videos using C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FCVideos.exe (and I guess audio too but can't speak too directly to this effect cuz I'm not currently messing with audio)...so just launch that then u should be good to go! U don't have to do any uninstalling then reinstalling at all to fix this error message!!

On unrelated note: If at anytime any1 decides to uninstall the whole FCTB, then C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FLVSrvc.exe MUST also be killed thru Ctrl+Alt+Del (if not already), before UNinstalling. This will ensure complete and successful uninstall as well as prepare for a proper subsequent reinstall should u want to do that

apd66
02-12-2011, 01:42 AM
The freecorder FLV service is not running.Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar

apd66
02-12-2011, 02:13 AM
R.Sir/Madam
My applian toolbar option Vidio history Tool box n't display any recording video files. So Plz. soul this problems.
with regards.

tzstamps
02-16-2011, 08:52 AM
just go to your tools and hit internet options. select security and take your security level down to the last bar it will minimize your security. reinstall freecorder and put the level back to where it was.

tomspa
05-20-2011, 12:30 AM
I am also facing a problem with freecorder 4 version. I had uninstalled the older version which i used to record and play the media files. Now i have tried to install the new freecorder 4 version and i got the message freecorder successfully installed in your computer. but when i try to download any movies, i am unable to record it, instead i get a message " free corder set up is not running. reinstall the freecorder toolbar" or a message which means the same. i have tried several times uninstalling and reinstalling the toolbar on my computer, but the result is the very same. I am using an XP system with 32bits. pls look into the matter and help me to resolve my problem.
Toms

tomspa
05-20-2011, 12:40 AM
I am facing a problem with freecorder 4 version. I had been using an older version to the new freecorder 4. I was not facing any problems with that version. But for installing the newer version, I had uninstalled the older version which i used to record and play the media files. Now i have tried to install the new freecorder 4 version and i got the message "The freecorder is successfully installed in your computer". but when i try to download any movies, i am unable to record it, instead i get an error message " The freecorder FLV Service" is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar" or a message which means the same. i have tried several times uninstalling and reinstalling the toolbar on my computer, but the result is the very same. I am using an XP system with 32bits. pls look into the matter and help me to resolve my problem.

Toms

tomspa
05-23-2011, 05:18 AM
I am facing a problem with freecorder 4 version. I had been using an older version previously before coming to the new freecorder 4. I was not facing any problems with that older version, since I was absolutely able to downlaod and record movies from the sites i open. But for installing the newer version, I had uninstalled the older version which i used to record and play the media files and now i have tried to install the new freecorder 4 version and i got the message "The freecorder is successfully installed in your computer". but when i try to download any movies, i am unable to record it, instead i get an error message " The freecorder FLV Service" is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar" or a message which means the same. i have tried several times uninstalling and reinstalling the toolbar on my computer, but the result is the very same. I am using an XP system with 32bits. pls look into the matter and help me to resolve my problem.

Toms

Jeff Lenney
05-24-2011, 12:31 AM
If you've re-installed and you still get this error, it is likely due to security software on your computer that is blocking the FLVSrvce from starting. FLVSrvce.exe is a file used by Freecorder that allows the video history tool to save videos you’ve played from your computer’s cache. Some security software is understandably responsible for blocking any file that can read or save your browsing history. But the sole function of the video history tool is to do just that. The Freecorder Toolbar is safe and virus free, so it is safe to have your security software allow access to FLVSrvce.exe.

To confirm that this is the problem, try to run FLVSrvce.exe manually. You’ll find it in C:Program FilesFreecorder. Double-click the FLVSrvce.exe file. If your security software complains, then you should give the file permission to run. It may not notify you so, add it manually anyway. Once you’ve done so, run FLVSrvce.exe again and check the Task Manager for the running process (processes tab) it should now be present and running. And your video history tool should no longer error.

leadelisa
01-30-2012, 11:00 PM
If you are facing difficulties in accessing of flv files due to errors then it may be possible that the existing copy is unusable or corrupted. In order to correct the file error you will need to perform flv repair (http://www.flvrepair.com) task. You should use third party FLV repair tool to correct the entire situation. It is pretty sure that after using that tool you will become able to access your flv videos.

malaus1
07-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Regarding "The freecorder FLV service is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar" I have the same problem but when I clear that message down and click on the Video History Tool again it runs OK. I do nothing else. However, it is a nuisance as I haven't any history to that point.
It obviously is not starting up when it should. Is there a solution?
I'm running XPSP3 and the preferred browser is Firefox. (I can never figure out why Applian and others launch IE even though Firefox is already running. IE is total crap).

Jeff Lenney
07-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Regarding "The freecorder FLV service is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar" I have the same problem but when I clear that message down and click on the Video History Tool again it runs OK. I do nothing else. However, it is a nuisance as I haven't any history to that point.
It obviously is not starting up when it should. Is there a solution?
I'm running XPSP3 and the preferred browser is Firefox. (I can never figure out why Applian and others launch IE even though Firefox is already running. IE is total crap).

If you've re-installed AS the error suggested, and you still get this error, it is likely due to security software on your computer that is blocking the FLVSrvce from starting. FLVSrvce.exe is a file used by Freecorder that allows the video history tool to save videos you’ve played from your computer’s cache. Some security software is understandably responsible for blocking any file that can read or save your browsing history. But the sole function of the video history tool is to do just that. The Freecorder Toolbar is safe and virus free, so it is safe to have your security software allow access to FLVSrvce.exe.

To confirm that this is the problem, try to run FLVSrvce.exe manually. You’ll find it in C:Program FilesFreecorder. Double-click the FLVSrvce.exe file. If your security software complains, then you should give the file permission to run. It may not notify you so, add it manually anyway. Once you’ve done so, run FLVSrvce.exe again and check the Task Manager for the running process (processes tab) it should now be present and running. And your video history tool should no longer error.

Let me know if this helps! :-)

malaus1
07-17-2012, 01:47 AM
If you've re-installed AS the error suggested, and you still get this error, it is likely due to security software on your computer that is blocking the FLVSrvce from starting. FLVSrvce.exe is a file used by Freecorder that allows the video history tool to save videos you’ve played from your computer’s cache. Some security software is understandably responsible for blocking any file that can read or save your browsing history. But the sole function of the video history tool is to do just that. The Freecorder Toolbar is safe and virus free, so it is safe to have your security software allow access to FLVSrvce.exe.

Let me know if this helps! :-)

Sorry Jeff, you probably didn't understand my comments. The .exe file must be starting OK as I simply clear the message and re click on the icon and all is good. It's the first click on the icon that I get the error message and no capture up to that point.