PDA

View Full Version : Replay Media Catcher suggestion - pause

netsez
07-02-2010, 12:18 PM
This seems so obvious that the fact it isn't included might mean it cannot be done, but other recorders do it. I would like to pause a recording then re-start it. Say I'm watching AND recording a live news stream. If they cover a topic I'm not intertested in I want to pause recording while still watching, then start recording again when it gets interesting.

stream-recorder.com
07-03-2010, 01:46 AM
In many cases it is not possible to pause, so if Applian implements this, there will be lots of complains.

You can split your recordings afterwards. Or you can record from screen with Replay Video Capture.

Cheryl Wester
07-03-2010, 09:08 AM
We are also working on a completely new Replay Media Catcher and testing it now. It does have a lot of features and capabilities. Since it records from the native stream it will not have a pause as it is recording as fast as the server allows.

endyr
07-06-2010, 02:22 AM
We are also working on a completely new Replay Media Catcher and testing it now. It does have a lot of features and capabilities. Since it records from the native stream it will not have a pause as it is recording as fast as the server allows.

I'd sure like to test that ßeta version of Replay Media Catcher! I now have 22 blogs: I'm a blog farmer, and I use RMC all day and night to capture videos to use on my blogs. Incidentally, for the sake of full disclosure, I'm also an Applian Technologies affiliate, and advertise their products on one of my blogs. For those who are still not true believers, I need to say this: I use the Replay Capture Suite, and there are tools in there that will CAPTURE anything on your screen. For those difficult to capture streams, I use Replay Video Capture. Some will say, well, what if the video stalls because of buffering and slow connection speeds etc. Not to worry. What I do in that eventuality, is to let the whole video play through completely, then it actually "lives" on my hard drive in my Firefox cache. I then turn on Replay Video Capture, and replay the video that was just cached. The video will now play continuously without pauses, or stalls, and I'm able to record it just fine and dandy.

stream-recorder.com
07-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Some will say, well, what if the video stalls because of buffering and slow connection speeds etc. Not to worry. What I do in that eventuality, is to let the whole video play through completely, then it actually "lives" on my hard drive in my Firefox cache. I then turn on Replay Video Capture, and replay the video that was just cached. The video will now play continuously without pauses, or stalls, and I'm able to record it just fine and dandy.
Only progressive HTTP streams can be cached. You shouldn't have problems downloading such streams with Replay Media Catcher or copying them from the cache of Firefox or I.E. using the Video History Tool.