PDA

View Full Version : Specifying The Audio Source (when you have multiple programs open)

Daveelliot
06-23-2010, 02:53 AM
On my Mac, I use an audio capture program called Audio Hijack. It allows me to specify the source of the audio. for example, I can tell the program to only record off of Safari. This means I can stream audio over Firefox but it will not be picked up by the program.
However, when using my PC with REPLAY MUSIC, at the same time I'm ripping audio from online sources, I've been ripping SWF files into MOV files and found that the audio indicators of REPLAY MUSIC pick up the audio from the SWFs.
Is there a way to specify the audio source for REPLAY MUSIC to pick up or is it limited to recording whatever audio is going through the system?

stream-recorder.com
06-23-2010, 12:06 PM
If I'm not mistaken it works in differently in Windows 7, Vista and XP. And you can't specify the application you want to record from. Applian will probably give your more ideas.

But you have a Mac, so you can install it in Mac OS using freeware Wine emulator. As Replay Music will record from Windows applications only, you will be able to record from Firefox for Windows, while working with sound on your Mac.