PDA

View Full Version : Issues with uninstalling this thing

Kenneth
06-18-2010, 05:54 PM
yes i amhaving a heck of a time uninstalling this thing. it reminds me of Real player, even when youthink it is uninstalled it leaves a lot of things behind.

I did not like how this thing took control of my bowser. When searching for something using google or yahoo it always went to the applian page and inmost cases did not give me anythng relevant.

tried writinf suppost but that was a big wast of time in that it could not fing the page to sendit. Inother words it seems like it made every attemp to purge itself almost imppssible.

i amsorry for this being so long, i jstu want to get rid of this thing and seems i cant. Will I ahve tonuke my system and re-install my OS

stream-recorder.com
06-18-2010, 10:52 PM
What software are you referring to?

I have never seen any problems with browsers that would redirect to applian instead of google and yahoo. What web-browser do you use?

And I didn't really get what your last problem is at all:

tried writinf suppost but that was a big wast of time in that it could not fing the page to sendit. Inother words it seems like it made every attemp to purge itself almost imppssible.

Please do us a favor, check your spelling.

Kenneth
06-19-2010, 07:35 AM
OK OK this is my second reply to my problem. I think I know what the problem is. i installed it to begin with. I just downloaded it again "Freecorder 4" , thinking that if i installed it again I could then unintall it correctly. Well imagine my suprise, well not really, it installed itsellf so quick i didnt even see it. plus it also brought back up what I had recorded already before the uninstall. Even after the uninstall, every time i open my browser if comes up with the Freecorder Customized Web Search. So I now know that when it says it is uninstallling it does not get rid of every thing so it leaves things behind that i can not even search for to find the things it does leave.

Again the bottom line is that i cannot get rid of this thing from my puter, so Iguess I will have to nuke my har drive and reinstall my OS. i so hope this works and this programd oesnt hide itself after i reformat.

I know that my spelling must have done this, but i hate it when a Customer Seervice person chastises me for succh a petty thing, but will not or cannot tell me how to purge this from my puter.

Good day

Cheryl Wester
06-19-2010, 11:08 AM
When you uninstall Freecorder 4 first make sure it is not a selected toolbar in your browser. Go to View-Toolbars and deselect it. In the control panel there are two items you need to uninstall-both the application and the toolbar. If you have a different home page than you want change it by going to Tools-Internet options and keying in what you want it to be.