PDA

View Full Version : RMC Won't Record Anything

latz
06-14-2010, 08:22 PM
My Replay Media Catcher now won't record anything. Program starts up normal. No error messages. I just start the program then go to the page(s) I want to record and now nothing happens. It just wont record anything now. It was working fine earlier today, no problems at all.
I tried reinstalling it and registering it and still nothing.

Could you please let me know what the problem is?

stream-recorder.com
06-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Try to hit Record -> Launch Default Browser. Then navigate to a web-page you would like to record from.

latz
06-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Hi, Thanks. I did just that and same thing...nothing. RMC opens fine, no error messages. It's set to record mode but still can't record anything. Never had a problem with this before and I bought it in November 2008. I also have wmrecorder and flvrecorder and they work fine. RMC is the best of them all and I would like to get this fixed. Strange the other ones work but this one wont for some reason.

Any ideas?

stream-recorder.com
06-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Most probably your stream is cashed. Try to clean the cache of your browser and record again.

latz
06-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Hi, I did that a few times and still nothing. Also used ccleaner to clear that out and still nothing. Uninstalled and reinstalled RMC and still nothing. Could it be a browser issue? Would I need to reinstall my browser? I use IE8, Xp Service Pack3. RMC has always worked fine until now.

Any more ideas?

stream-recorder.com
06-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Try to make Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera your default browser. You can also try to run the program as an Administrator, disable UAC.
May be Applian can suggest more.

latz
06-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Try to hit Record -> Launch Default Browser. Then navigate to a web-page you would like to record from.Tried that too and still doesnt work. RMC loads fine but when a stream starts it just wont record anything.

latz
06-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Try to make Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera your default browser. You can also try to run the program as an Administrator, disable UAC.
May be Applian can suggest more.
I tried contacting them and they have no idea how to help me. It is a joke actually. I tried using flvrecorder and it records everything. All RMC will record now is audio when I click Tools>>Record Audio it will record any audio stream whether it is just audio or audio from a video stream but it still won't record any video period. I tried uninstalling it using an uninstaller program the Applian tech sent a link for then reinstalled it and still nothing. Uninstalled my browser then reinstalled it and still nothing. Uninstalled/reinstalled flash still nothing. Now Applian tech gives me a song and dance about their new product coming out by the end of the summer and basically says there is nothing they can do. I bought and paid for this and demand something be done. If not then why don't they just refund me? I love this program and have used it since 2008 but if it wont work and the tech can't help me then what am I supposed to do?

latz
06-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Tried all that too and still nothing. I have always used IE and currently use IE8 SP3. What does disable UAC mean? Thanks alot by the way for taking your time to try and help.

stream-recorder.com
06-24-2010, 09:39 PM
UAC stands for User Account Control.

Disable UAC on Windows Vista

Open Control Panel, and type in “UAC” into the search box. You’ll see a link for “Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off”
Uncheck the box for “Use User Account Control (UAC)”, and then click on the OK button.
Reboot your computer before the changes take effect.

Disable UAC on Windows 7

Type UAC into the start menu or Control Panel search box.
Drag the slider up or down, depending on how often you want to be alerted.
If you drag it all the way down to the bottom, you’ll have UAC disabled completely.

I only use IE with web-site that don't support any other browsers. I believe that it makes my surfing more secure. Besides I really like all the feature and speed that Firefox and Opera offers.

As for the refund, Applian has a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee. But polite words sometimes do magic :)

latz
06-25-2010, 05:50 AM
UAC stands for User Account Control.

Disable UAC on Windows Vista

Open Control Panel, and type in “UAC” into the search box. You’ll see a link for “Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off”
Uncheck the box for “Use User Account Control (UAC)”, and then click on the OK button.
Reboot your computer before the changes take effect.

Disable UAC on Windows 7

Type UAC into the start menu or Control Panel search box.
Drag the slider up or down, depending on how often you want to be alerted.
If you drag it all the way down to the bottom, you’ll have UAC disabled completely.

I only use IE with web-site that don't support any other browsers. I believe that it makes my surfing more secure. Besides I really like all the feature and speed that Firefox and Opera offers.

As for the refund, Applian has a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee. But polite words sometimes do magic :)Hi, Thanks for the info. I use Xp not vista or windows 7. There is no UAC feature in XP. Any other ideas? Thanks!

stream-recorder.com
06-25-2010, 08:23 AM
May be RMC doesn's support such streams. What is the URL of the web-page you are trying to record from? Can you record from youtube.com?

latz
06-26-2010, 10:25 PM
May be RMC doesn's support such streams. What is the URL of the web-page you are trying to record from? Can you record from youtube.com?Hi, I used to be able to record anything from youtube and about 99% of any other streams. I got hit with malware then I cleaned it out then RMC stopped recording anything. Why would flv recorder work on any stream now and not RMC? This has got me totally baffled. RMC used to work like a charm, has for years. Now nothing. It loads fine but will not record anything at all.

stream-recorder.com
06-27-2010, 04:56 AM
If this is caused by malware, I can only suggest to re-install RMC. If this won't help, then I can only recommend clean Windows installation.

beach
06-27-2010, 07:32 AM
ditto!!
RMC simply stopped recording any video. only audio partially works - hiccups.

stream-recorder.com
06-28-2010, 01:45 AM
ditto!!
RMC simply stopped recording any video. only audio partially works - hiccups.
Any particular links? What OS do you use? Have you installed any updates recently?