PDA

View Full Version : Version 3.95 to 3.97 Update Problem

wmercier
06-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Applian Director indicated an update for Replay Music 3.95 to 3.97. As usual and instructed, I uninstalled the current 3.95 version and rebooted. I then downloaded and installed the supposed latest version 3.97. Problem is the new version turned out to be 3.95 and Applian Director is still giving me the update from 3.95 to 3.97 option. I filed a support ticket and was told that support was unable to duplicate my problem and gave me essentially the same update procedure info which I followed again to the letter. Still, after doing the update I am at 3.95. From my perspective It appears that the update file I am downloading is 3.95 and not 3.97. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I did a follow up msg to Support but so far have not received a response. I have done many updates and never had this problem. Would like to hear some feedback from the group as to whether I am alone in this or is others having the same problem? If you have a fix or alternate method of doing the update successfully I and possibly others would be interested in the procedure.

Cheryl Wester
06-06-2010, 04:57 PM
We are aware of this issue and hope to have it resolved soon. Thanks.

akj
06-07-2010, 01:55 AM
I am having a different 3.95 to 3.97 update problem.

The installation appears to run 100% successfully, but when I run the Music program, after an initial splash screen, I get a box with this message:
Replay Music Error
One or more files are missing or corrupt. Please re-download and re-install Replay Music from the Replay Music website.

Of course, re-installing gives the same error. I wonder if this is this related to the above 3.97 update issue.

Scubasa1
06-07-2010, 02:06 AM
Hi AKJ
I am also getting the message

Replay Music Error
One or more files are missing or corrupt. Please re-download and re-install Replay Music from the Replay Music website.
Of course, re-installing gives the same error. I wonder if this is this related to the above 3.97 update issue.

I am sure Applian will solve the update problems, they usually respond very well to technical problems and help to resolve them as soon as possible.
At least I know it's not my PC if someob=ne else is experienceing the same.
Back to 3.95 for the time being.
Steve

Scubasa1
06-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Hi AKJ
I am also getting the message

Replay Music Error

I am sure Applian will solve the update problems, they usually respond very well to technical problems and help to resolve them as soon as possible.
At least I know it's not my PC if someob=ne else is experienceing the same.
Back to 3.95 for the time being.
Steve

I received this message from Cheryl from Apllian since my previous post.
Fingers crossed.
Steve

Hi

Please do try again. You were having this issue at the same time a new update was being uploaded. If you continue to have a problem let me know.

Best Regards,

Cheryl Wester
Applian Technologies, Inc.

grinch
06-07-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm having the same problem when I updated from 3.95 to 3.97. I have tried reinstalling numerous times and continue to receive the same error message. How can I download 3.95 again.

Cheryl Wester
06-07-2010, 06:52 PM
We have put 3.95 back on the website for right now while this issue is being resolved. Thanks.

Scubasa1
06-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Applian have placed version 3.95 as their download back on their website. I always find it useful to save the programme on my hard drive and then if there are problems you can go back to the older version until the problem has been solved.